Really Menopause !!!!

Posted , 17 users are following.

I am 56 and four years post menopausal.

Now here's my question I read the forum every day and the amount of illnesses that seem to be put down to peri/menopause is incredible from a sore wee toe to serious problems.

I agree with the anxiety/depression side of things as hormones are associated with the brain.

I have sore parts of my body but I put it down to being grossly overweight and not moving as often as I should, if I have digestive problems I put that down to I've ate something that doesn't agree with me like the previous forty years of my life.

There have been women on here in the past few days that say they feeling pins and needles and numbness on their faces and other women are saying this is menopause, these types of problems should be checked by a professional not diagnosed by all of us.

I have been on here asking for advice on post menopausal bleeding because there are many women that have went through this and they can clearly give me advice but I certainly wouldn't ask for advice on something as serious as numbness or tingling as this is a doctor's job.

I know that someone will have a different view of this but alas this is life and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Heather,

I see your point. Most of us have been to so many Drs. and had so many Tests Run...Drs. say they don't understand where the symptoms are coming from...I personally have been to probably 100 Drs appointments over the last 10 months and had more blood tests run then most people have in a lifetime....still they come up with nothing.....been to Naturopathic Drs. Regular Drs. Neurogists... Pathologist... Toxicologist...the list goes on.....

• Edited

I agree with Shana. When you have had every blood test, mri, ct scan, ultrasound, etc.. and repeated again and again, and nothing shows up, the only explanation can be put down to effects of perimeno/meno. We all have the question lingering if it could be something that was missed on some test. I usually recommend that someone check with a doctor before assuming it's nothing. Our symptoms are so similar if not exactly the same. Yes, if you are grossly overweight there are symptoms associated with that, but that's not the case for most of us who were totally fine and then woke up one day with our world changed. If you aren't experiencing it you just wouldn't understand.

And ladies on here, please keep posting even if it seems like something minor! This forum saved my life when I thought I had one foot in the grave three years ago. I'm happy to tell of my experiences if it helps someone else.

• Posted

o agree with the both of u. yes. always get the dr to check u out. but in my case the fool looked at me like i was crazy.and blamed itvall on anxiety!! there are some things tgat pop up and i just say really?? then again if like me i woke up one day and i felt like this outta the blue, every thing now is strange things happening. some minor some very scary like tjus suffocating tjing and the gloom feeling..i went to being very active to afraid to do anything cuz i feel sooo bad. so ladies. even if ur little toe hurts. post it cuz the crap we are going through its nice to just put it out there and know we are not alone..but yes any serious get it cleared wuth dr..hang in there and thank u for being thete. we are not alone!!!

• Posted

im with ya suzanne, 100 percent ...

i was fine up intil march of 2016... then peri rocked my world....

• Edited

Heather I appreciate your opinion. But here's a mine: I assume that you are speaking for yourself. right? Personally, I have never had any health issues until I woke up with digestive issues one morning and all sorts of issues. from then on . I was

going from doctor to doctor . When I was done I had over 100 insurance claims. Until my sister calls me one day and told me sounds like you are going through perimenopause. Because she had severe symptoms too but not as bad as mine. For me , I can't say it is something I ate or being over weight ..because I am neither of the two. I always ate healthy, I taught health and wellness, fitness and dance instructor. Never ever had any weight issues..very petite all my life. Since perimenopause I've gotten even smaller. Yes you read that right..smaller not larger like doctors or what you usually read about say menopause cause weight gain. I asked my gynecologist why am I having such a rough menopause compared to some. Her response was " some women have easy ones and some don't. " Hormones affect many things in our bodies not just the brain so you can't limit other women symptoms to it not being peri/ menopause. Believe it or not, post menopause bleeding can be just as serious as 'feelings of pins and needles. '😒

Because any bleeding after 12 months should be seen by a doctor.

• Posted

Yes I had post menopausal bleeding and I have severe health anxiety but the first person I contacted was my health professional not the forum, and then I asked people with similar experiences to let me know how it was dealt with them.

I was making the point that there could be something other than menopause that is wrong with anyone from digestive problems, aches and pains. I have not went through menopause with no problems but when I get ill it's not the first thing that comes to my head oh it must be the menopause that is causing this , as I didn't put everything down to peri menopause in my forties , I never even gave it a thought I would say I'm unwell but it was just part of life, in fact I got a hereditary disease in my forties that is common in middle age people, never once thought peri menopause, thought not feeling well go to doctor.

I can also say that sometimes the doctors are not interested in what you have to say, but I worry when people say they are feeling numbness and tingling in there head and not making their first port of call a health professional.

• Posted

Hi, your advice is right. We need to consult doctors to be on the safe side and rule out serious issues. The thing with menopause is due to loss of estrogen and hormonal imbalances, lot of pre existing conditions are sometimes made worse.

Estrogen has a very protective effect and research has shown that it controls inflammation and has a lot of protective effects mentally and physically. So the women are not completely wrong because as you age and lose estrogen lot of symptoms show up out of nowhere

• Posted

Tingling and numbness is in that huge long list of prei-meno symptoms there is 66 symptoms but I have also see from professionals that's there is actually 101! Like when our hormones start to drop to much lower levels we don't have that heart protection and glow healthy look just to mention a few and your body WILL go haywire , I was told that it takes a full 3 years or so AFTER you have reached TRUE meno for your body to adjust. With this been said I do however agree 100 % to let your doctor know and tell him/her your symptoms and age and stage of your periods and such. It's after periods stops and our hormones are soooooo low she start to age and all the things that come with it its a DOUBLE WHAMMY on us women 😦 My muscle swing left and right spasm in calf of legs, arms, stomach, chest, face , finger and I'm sure I missed a few spots, mine are even crazier when I drink milk.

• Edited

I appreciate all the comments on here. I have had anxiety moat of my life that I attribute to hormones (after and during pregnancy and now in peri) and of course stress. I have had gall bladder issues and GERD issues, all before peri. I have gone to doctors and had tons of tests. I was in ER more in the last 7 years then ever. It was always fine and I have now learned that for me, my Peri has caused some weird things and this blog is very comforting. I am with you, it is very important to get checked out. Then if you have, hearing that others are experiencing similar symptoms in this roller coaster ride we call peri, seems to help my health anxiety. I am so appreciative of this. I too have gained more weight in peri than ever. I eat well and move a lot....but still struggle to lose. Thanks everyone for posting.

• Edited

Thank you ladies for basically saying everything that I was going to say in response to this post. My answer in short is this, "yes, really IT IS menopause."

• Posted

im shocked by this post, i know its old, but seriously most of us have had every test under the sun, and to be honest if we had anything serious im sure we would be dead by now, pretty sure its peri/menopause 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.