Really need help - 11 months after unilateral oophorectomy.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Dear ladies.. 

I’m new here, and I found this forum after months of hard research.

First of all, I apologise for my bad english smile

I’m 37, and 11 months ago I had my right ovary and tube removed because a Borderline Tumor (this name is terrible, but actually is “just” an ugly and serous cyst) 

I’m totally p****d off because my surgeon didn’t told me about the possibility of remove just the “cyst”...

They told me everything will be ok with just one ovary - “absolute no hormonal changes”... 

But my life turned hell after the surgery.. and I really need advice because I don’t know what to do or what to expect.

My hormone levels are “inside the normal”, but my cycles are short (22 days, with some spotting just after the end of the periods) terrible PMS symptoms all the cycle.. :-(  

My testosterone drop to 1/3 that it was. I lost a lot of muscles , and gain some fat instead. Now I’m using some bioidentical to replace and it did help to gain muscles and in energy, but definitely not helped with my sex drive... I lost it completely...!!

(Anyone who remove one ovary also had this problem? .. I don’t know what to do.. it’s hurting my relationship) 

I also lost more than a half of my hair.. (anyone experienced this?) I’m using everything to recover it (I’m with a trycologist, and did all exams.. seam  like we still have a estrogen but like the Testo, it drops. And the hair and skin feels it very quickly..) 

My remaining ovary looks like normal - my FSH (follicles stimulate hormone) Is about “5” in one cycle and then, “13” in the other. (Menopause mark in Brazil is around 25/30 but when FSH reaches 15 its a kind of alert for pre menopause) 

I also did “anti mullerian” and marks 0.34 (was 1.44 with two ovaries..) 

Please, anyone who had one ovary removed had this symptoms? It’s improved? Started menopause? and about sex drive... What to expect?.. I’m really depressed.. feels like I lost myself.. 

Thank you ladies.. <3 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am sorry to hear about that but i wish i could help u i am 47 years old i had my ovary and tube removed in april but before that i was going through premenopausal so i don't know what to tell u but i am experiencing the same thing that u had metion about the hair and sex drive talk to your gyn about this that is all i can say

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.