Really need Help and advice.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dear all,

For the past year, maybe slightly longer ive had really bad acid reflux. Its been really aweful. I drank allot of alcohol, and consumed allot of coffee and smoke allot, so there was no surprise. 

However about a year ago i started developing chest pain. Really painful and constant. Had a xray, and that was a bit confusing. Though i was told "alls good". Did a breathing test for COPD but that was fine also. Eventually pain some what subsided after a few months.

Recently (about 6 months ago), chest pain started again. Right under my heart. Its a dull annoying pain that doesnt seem to get worse or better with exercising or eating. (As far as i can tell). Went to the doctors again who sent me for another xray. Radiographers seemed to suggest some thing was there. Doctor says "Alls good". Keep giving me acid reflux sachet things that dont help.

The past month however its getting debilitating. I cant even walk 5 minuets up the road, its that painful. My throat is horse. I cant stop coughing. Mornings are the worst. This pain feels like i have torn a muscle just under my heart. That combined with the constant pain i have in the middle of my chest from the acid reflux, is just killing me. 

It doesnt hurt to breath in deep, or exhale. It hurts more if i straighten my back for example. To me, i would say ive damaged a muscle. However there is no tenderness. Ive had no trauma to the area. My coughing is a dry cough that wont go away however its not so harsh that i would of strained any thing.

To save you from reading (if any one is) a life story of the past 6 months, lets just say the area i live in is terrible for its GP surgeries. Since moving here 3 GP surgeries (maybe 4) have been closed down. So getting a doctors appointment is almost impossible, and if i do get a appointment it is with a random locum doctor that seems to not give a s**t. 

Each time ive gone to the doctors its been pointless. Ive begged for a Endoscopy. Still to no avail. I had to beg for my xray (Im not joking i begged).

So guys, my throat is horse. My chest is so painful. Moving hurts. My throat feels far smaller. (No throat pain). My breath reeks. All i can smell is a horrible toxic smell. My muscles ache, my belly is getting worse (spasming weirdly) and seeing a doctor is a impossibility. Is it safe to say my esophagus is screwed? Or could it be some thing else?

Is there any way i can force a doctor to refer me to get a endoscopy? Am i alloud to request my chest xrays?

Kindest regards!

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Sorry to hear you are suffering so much, are you on any ppi

• Posted

Hi Kate.

PPI? Proton pump inhibitors? Not that i am aware or know what they are. I take omeprazole. But that doesnt seem to help at all. But doctors dont seem to want to do much about it. Just a constant resupply of omeprazole for the past year. Maybe longer.

• Posted

Hi 

Omeprazole is a PPI, maybe your doc should try a different one, I am on same one for two years now

and  find it does very little to help

Kate

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

So i should go now? Because this is a constant. This is my life of constant pain and discomfort for the past 12 + months now.

• Posted

Yes go now they mite be able to dialogue what's wrong good luck let us know how you get on 

• Posted

Well welcome me. I should have checked here first. I have been having the same symptoms for over 6 moths now.  I've had every test and they have all come back normal. Can't sleep either. The acid just sits in my throat. I can feel my food moving down slowly. I've just switched to chicken broth until ...... I have been taking Omeprazole and it works until it does not.  Just non-stop discomfort. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.