REALLY need help diagnosing

Posted , 6 users are following.

GRAPHIC PHOTO OF DISCHARGE hello! i've had itchiness and varying discharge going on for months, i am sexually active. right now i have thick, pasty and chunky white discharge that is tinted pinkish brown due to me ovulating i believe. it smells pretty normal, maybe a little musty. at first i thought i was suffering from a yeast infection, but pretty much every month a few days after the end of my period, i sometimes get a very bad, fishy/rotten smell with whitish milky discharge. i would love to hear ideas on what it could be? i am about to start on Flagyll for BV but its also suspected to be an STD but im having a hard time believing that since all my partners have been clean to my knowledge. thanks in advance

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've had BV and it looked nothing like that. I've never had a yeast infection so don't know what that looks like but is my guess that is what you have. as for your partners, sorry but don't be so trusting. I know this grim experience sadly. as for flagyl it's a great treatment. I swear by it. hope it helps you the way it helped me

• Posted

i tested negative for any STD's and i think the panel tested for BV as well but im not sure but the whole thing was negative, im going to stay on the flagyl and see how it goes.

• Posted

have you put anything down there like coconut oil or tea tree oil?

• Posted

yes i soaked a tampon in coconut oil once and left it in for an hour, the smell and everything went away for a little while, the next time i tried it, it didnt work as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.