Really need help! Has anyone had similar symptoms and been diagnosed?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Little back story- I am 24 years old and slim, eat a healthy diet etc, about 2 months ago I started to develop a really uncomfortable sharp pain in my right side - particularly prominent at night and in the mornings. I tried to amend my diet to no avail and ended up at the Drs, who suggested gastritis, however an endoscopy revealed my stomach was fine. Since then the pain has persisted, my stool is mostly normal, sometimes a little pale with undigested food and occasionally burns, but MOSTLY a healthy colour and with no blood. I have a huge amount of gurgling under my ribs and the sharp pain sometimes extends to my left side and other parts of my abdomen, where I feel a pinching and tugging sensation. My stomach is not swollen or painful to touch, when I press down I feel a popping sensation. The pain ebbs and flows, but has been constant in the right side for the last three days- it feels like a cat is sitting in there scratching me from within. I also have intermittent nausea that is relieved by burping. No painkillers work. I will also say that under my breasts is very tender, If i press down on the skin under my breast- it feels very sore- particularly when I'm experiencing the pain, It's almost quite satisfying to press down on. I have no fever and my head is clear. Over this past 2 months I have not lost any weight, but nausea has made me lose my appetite at points. At this point I am really afraid, I'm scared something very sinister is going on. I have had a CT scan, but yet to hear the results. Can anyone help me in the meantime? I'm really tired of the pain and discomfort.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Worth mentioning too it is the UPPER right side that is the epicentre of the pain- under my ribs
  • Posted

Did they test for h pylori when they did the endoscopy?  Since you have undigested food in your stool at times, it sounds like certain foods are not being absorbed properly. Try a food diary to identify any problem foods.  Have your bowel habits changed to bouts of constipation or diarrhoea in between the normal stools?  Do you find the pain is worse before or after eating?
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply Pippa! As far as the H Pylori test is concerned, I'm not sure. They did do a biopsy, but I'm yet to hear results and this was 5 weeks ago. In between normal stools I do get bouts of diarrhoea and constipation, particularly constipation - But the pain seems unaffected by eating

• Posted

I would phone your doctor to chase up the results of the scan; five weeks is too long.  They should have your results by now.  IBS could also be a possibility since you have altered bowel habits, stomach pain and nausea especially since the pain moves about your abdomen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.