Really need help... scared and worried.

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 6 weeks, I've had pretty severe pain in my upper right quadrant. It's only gotten steadily worse to the point where it's become incapacitating. I had my gallbladder removed in 2011.  I'm currently clinically obese after having my son last year-I've suffered depression and anxiety throughout my life and I just haven't lost the weight. I used to be a heavy drinker during my 20s and I have also taken lot of excedrin for chronic migraines over the years. As of right now, I have had an upper right quadrant ultrasound, an abdominal CT without imaging, and an MRCP that just checked my biliary system. Everything was fine with the exception of fatty liver. I know I need to improve my diet and stay away from NSAIDS, bad food, and alcohol to reverse this. My question is (that I haven't had a chance to ask the dr, and now he is gone for the weekend) is why he scheduled me for an emergency endoscopy this Monday... if the MRI was normal, why are they doing this, would you guys think? I do have a lot of swelling and tenderness in the URQ, as noted by anyone who examined me. I can't help but think he's looking for cancer. If anyone has any ideas, or experiences, please share with me if you can. I'm 30 years old with a baby boy, and I'm scared to death I'm going to die and leave him behind.  Thank you in advance. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi jtay try and cross bridges when your on them not build them if you don't need to, DR's nowadays dot the I,s and cross the t,s just to make sure they give you the complete picture, its not a bad thing especially with anxious patients, with your other tests being good please try not to worry, he is probably wanting to know just how bad your fatty liver is, you say though that your scared as you have a baby boy, well tough love coming up, do something about it, get your Dr to get you to see a dietician and help you lose weight, get him to also get you some help with maybe a psychological practitioner, no one can do this for you but help is out there and I know its not always easy but its your only solution if you want to be there for your baby.

Keep posting, this site is very good at supporting you through the difficult times.

Sorry to be so harsh, I did say tough love didn't I

• Posted

hello jtay ,sorry to hear about your symptoms i am 31 year old and have gall bladder surgery in 2010------recently i have a yearly company check up 2 days ago i recieved  the result in which i have a high level of cholestrol and also my alt is raised to 81----lat year its high but its 52----i go to doctor and he say it fine there is no issue i use few months depression tablets and i am using it till now some time-----i have also lot of stress in my life--------i go to my doctor again and he do some blood tests like hepatites b and c test and on 18 i have ultrasound and go and discuss about my blood tests-----------u have plenty of tests done which show nothing-------your doctor really wanna help you thats why they are doing endoscopy for you-------in my case my gp is relaxed because i have already done endoscopy 1 and half year ago colonscopy 1 year ago------i think i have heart problem have done echos and 24 hour heart monitoring and as well ct agiography of heart---but now my concern is high Alt its may be because i am fat and have high cholestrol level we hope my tests will come negative---------i already cut off freid things and i am taking fresh fruits vegetables------------------you are so young u will not die------u r doctor  want to figure it out is the pain related to stomach ulcer or what ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.