Really need help with my leg, something isnt right but i dont know what.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Over the past 3 months or so I've been regularly exercising to try and get myself in good physical form so i can start to get to work or live something of a life and i am making zero progress in eliminating the main problem i had when i started it seems as though there is a muscle/tendon/ligament (sorry I'm not familiar with anatomy) that runs from my hip to my knee on the front of my right upper leg that seems too short. If i lay on my back and raise my torso off the floor with my left leg i am able to do so easily everything works as it should my hip stays in place and i get full movement in the joint at the top of my leg, on the other leg so my right leg when i try to do this if i keep my hip in place i barely have any range of movement as this short muscle/tendon/ligament prevents me lifting my backside off the ground i get like 1/3 of the way if that. Can anyone give any kind of advice as to what may be causing this, i have at a point in my life had my leg in traction in hospital so permanently raised whilst I'm layed on a bed I've heard this can cause shortening of ligaments but this doesn't mean anything to me to be honest, if this is the case is it repairable?

I would greatly appreciate any input.

Thanks.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.