Really need some advice on my anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've been having really bad days with my anxiety lately and it's draining.. I hate it so much it's really interfering with my school and exams and I just want it all to go away, my mind keeps racing thinking is this really anxiety or am I actually dieing? I'm so sick of feeling like this all the time seriously feel like just giving up.. I just want the old Rachel back😞

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

What would you by dying of, if you were? 

I don't think you are dying, but I know it can be horrible.

Have you looked at metacognitive therapy, it really helped me understand that worrying about worry just makes it worse.

Detached mindfullness is a good technique to get into too x 

• Posted

I think I have every illness under the sun even tho I've been tested and I don't, I really do want to try therapy because I personally think I'm too young to be going on medication I really would hate to have to do that x
    • Posted

I dont think medication works for the mental part of anxiety but it could help your physical symptoms. 

Id read up on health anxiety. If youve been tested and there is nothing physically wrong with you then I would try to think of every worry you have as a symptom of health anxiety. X

• Posted

I have a book by Adrian Wells which is very good. otherwise Id just google it and see what you find! x
  • Posted

It is so tempting to focus on wanting to feel differently. I do it too!! A lot of the advice about anxiety focuses on acceptance, knowing that nothing is going to happen despite what your brain or body my be telling you and making you experience. You aren't dying! 
    • Posted

I know it's so horrible😞 like I've been to doctors and got blood tests that should be enough reassurance for me😞 
  • Posted

list your thoughts on paper and write true or false or don't know against each comment.  This should sort out the reality of your thinking.  The true comments are the only valid ones

richard

• Posted

I often get that when I am stressed about something.  In my case I thought my life was endangered so I had the palpitations and chest pains.

Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.