Really need some advice struggling

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I have been told that I have off balance feelings and vertigo due to an ear problem probably meniere's I am struggling with the following symptoms regularly throughout the day I am unable to do practically anything as I feel constantly about to pass out even if I'm just sitting on the couch not moving.Got no appetite,headache.Breathing heavily it feels like the start of what I have read a panic attack but I just feel dreadful I can't do anything to take my mind of it as I feel I'll collapse and throw up.I'm wondering if these symptoms could be related to low blood pressure rather than my ear.Has anyone experienced feeling like this?.It's really difficult to deal with .I had the feeling once before about 3 years back they didn't say it was ear related then.I also get a feeling of warmth and like you eat a big meal and are going to die a few times in the past few months.What do you do when you can't sit cause you feel so bad or go to bed I went to get a drink of water and I'm out of breath .I use to walk 4 miles a day been in now for weeks it's not getting better it's getting worse can someone put my mind at rest.I also have a hear murmur and last had my hear checked prior to these 7 months.Help as drs seem to be fed up with me.I have been to er and they couldn't find anything apart from low blood pressure didn't advise me about anything spent 18 hours there as well

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

Years ago i had problems with my ears and off balance and i was given valium and it really worked

Mary

• Posted

I can't stand I feel off balance, vision has become blurr, I feel my legs jammed and tired and weak stiff neck, eyes and head took much of anxiety when I lye still and breath I feel I have I am floating in air and blood is not flowing in my legs and then my legs suddenly feel normal like someone put life in it and becomes tired also I have acidity and when I jump I feel I bounced

• Posted

I'd say see of you can change doctors. The warmth and breathing is prob partial panic attack. I'm pretty active amd was like that when I got up at night too. Like rushy feeling. Adrenaline pumps and makes it all worse. I'm pretty good with calming myself down, but I had med prescribed for panic attacks at the lowest dose incase I needed to take it. Haven't had to yet, but know it's there which helps. I've had swaying feeling and eye issues since march. Was told labrynthis...ENT said that it's not that. So back to the drawing board. I have apt with dizzy clinic next month so hopefully they can help. My swaying has slowed down, but eyes still bother me. It's all super frustrsting, but all my scans and blood and tests have come clear. Regular doctors don't know much about this, so see if you can get a referral for neurologist or try physio therapy...helped me

• Posted

The problem I have is I don't feel dizzy before hand I just feel unwell like I'm not breathing right feels like there's an elephant sat on my chest then when I feel like I'm about to pass out then I go dizzy.i had this as a one off back in 2015 in the July for 10 hours then it just disappeared now it came back Xmas day 2017 I can't do anything I keep pushing myself but my son has noticed that my heartbeat can be 47-53 which I don't think is normal and this would cause low blood pressure which has similar symptoms as the ear.

• Posted

I can't stand I feel off balance, vision has become blurr, I feel my legs jammed and tired and weak stiff neck, eyes and head took much of anxiety when I lye still and breath I feel I have I am

floating in air and blood is not flowing in my legs and then my legs suddenly feel normal like someone put life in it and becomes tired and I also have acidity and when I jump I feel I bounced

• Posted

There are groups on facebook for this. type in Meniers and vestibular and groups will pop up. Join them and people there might be able to help.
  • Posted

Hi Nancie I have been having dizziness since this time last week it hit all of a sudden last time I had this was a couple years ago, ENT can't find a thing wrong and dr couldn't find anything on blood work either I do have TMJ and panic and anxiety attacks I have had my whole life but I think that it may be tension in my neck and tension in all my muscles when muscles tense I read it can throw off your equilibrium but I'm going to eye dr tomorrow to rule out if I need my glasses changed although dr says vision problems would not cause these symptoms so I'm confused also, prayers for you that you'll get to feeling better soon

• Posted

Have you been diagnosed with Menieres?  I have had vertigo for past 5 years, thought I had it too but turned out to be silent migraines.  You could also have postural hypotension if you have a low BP which is worsening your problems.  In the end I got fed up with ENT and got referred to a neuro otologist who said I had been wasting my time with ENT.
    • Posted

I can't stand I feel off balance, vision has become blurr, I feel my legs jammed and tired and weak stiff neck, eyes and head took much of anxiety when I lye still and breath I feel I have I am floating in air and blood is not flowing in my legs and then my legs suddenly feel normal like someone put life in it and becomes tired I have acidity and when I jumped I feel I bounced

• Posted

Did you mean to reply to Nancie, I'm Anne.  Anyway after 2 years with ENT I asked my GP to refer me to a neuro otologist as my vision and balance were not improving and I continued to feel 'spaced out'  He did various tests and said he thought I have Migraine Associated Vertigo although they were silent cluster migraines as I didn't know I had a headache but I was having all the aura's and balance problems.  He started me on medication and I had to avoid certain potential trigger foods and said it would take longer for me to recover 'cos if it had been diagnosed sooner I would have got better sooner.  He said it would take about a year to recover on the meds.  I took the meds reluctantly and wasn't convinced about the diagnosis, but now I am 90% recovered.  I also had BPPV running alongside MAV and he told me not to get the 2 conditions confused, as all along I had believed it was just BPPV causing my problems.  I occasionally get recurrent BPPV but now I know the difference.

I am much improved as thought I was never going to get better at one point and had to give up work because it was going on for so long.

• Posted

Hi Anne, was just wondering what your symptoms were. I was told I had labrynthitis in march, but then ENT said no. I'm waiting to go to a dizzy clinic in a few weeks in hopes they can offer me something regarding the eye issues. I had more of a swaying sensation rather than dizzy, and my eyes feel like there vibrating or focusing in and out. When this fis started i could barley drive. Got better now within the last week, eyes are worse again. It drives me nuts

• Posted

It started off as BPPV, rolling over in bed and everything spinning inside my head.  It progressed to getting up one morning and falling to the floor and having to crawl around until I could stand, all the while feeling completely off balance, banging into door frames, swaying like I was on a bouncy castle,  unable to focus eyes, feeling as though I was spaced out, extremely tired.  Unable to walk down stairs, unable to walk in a straight line.  That was the start of the MAV. I thought it was all one problem but as I explained previously I had 2 conditions running alongside each other which probably worsened the whole effect.  At one point I though it was the start of MS or something really sinister.  I was referred for an MRI to exclude an acoustic neuroma which can cause balance problems. Thankfully I never suffered with nausea.  I was px different meds like stemetil, and betahistamine by the GP, which made no difference whatsoever.
    • Posted

Nortriptyline an old tricyclic antidepressant which at lower doses works as a neuropathic pain relief with less side effects than sertraline.
    • Posted

The dizzy clinic should know more about a neuro otologist referral if needed and may be able to give you more advice than ENT.
    • Posted

I realised anxiety worsens dizziness and dizziness worsens anxiety, it goes round and round in a circle  and the 2 fuel each other.  I learned not to get anxious about being dizzy because it didn't help overall.  It took time to gain this insight but having had it so long I knew it would pass.  Deep breathing really helped me try to calm myself down.  Going shopping in a supermarket was also a trigger, turning into different aisles and looking up at shelves and the bright lights.

• Posted

Sorry Anne, that was for Nanci, but thank you for your reply.  I found it interesting that you brought up bppv.   I have that seasonally.  It usually lasts for about 2 weeks, and then goes away. I never did anything about it.......but complain.

This past spwing I had it for 6 weeks, and thought I was going out of my mind.  It did finally stop, but returned 2 weeks ago. I finally went to a vestular therapist last Friday.  I knew it was in my left ear.  He did the goggle thing and confirmed it.  The manoeuver was nasty provoking the vertigo.  But it did go away.  I was left with feeling off balance and kinda weird, but no spins.  I went back today for a recheck today, and he said the crystals are back in place.   Just so relieved.  But who knows when it will return.  it is kinda expensive going for this therapy but it is worth it.

My neuro thinks I have some sort of silent migraine too.   I never get a headache,  but daily I get this terrible pressure from my forehead down to my cheeks.  My left nose plugs, and my left ear also fills with pressure.   This makes me feel all off balance.   Just awful.  It really set the anxiety off, and it seems to come the same time of day.     I also get ocular migraines, also in the spring and the fall.  They last about 20 minutes,  but never get the headache after.   Just no headaches at all.

isn't BPPV terrible?

• Posted

Yes the ENT was terrible. I have the same issue wit the grocery store. I had a bought of this last July but ot only lasted 2 weeks amd didn't come back till mid march this yr, but lasting still. The headlights on cars are much brighter, amd I always feel like I have a constant glare in my eyes. Walking at one point was super hard too. Like sponges, or i was walking ahead of myself. I'm going To ask the dizzy clinic about getting a refferal to a neuro-otologist. It sounds like we have the same thing...thank you!!

• Posted

I didn't get much relief from the Epley manoeuvre but it did confirm I had BPPV in my left ear also, now I just wait for the crystals to dissolve on there own but it can take weeks.  My right nostril gets blocked too but think that is a seasonal allergy.  When I am having a migraine I do notice my left ear thumping inside, so this is maybe an indication of the migraine.  Bit of a mess really, but I have done some compensation exercises which helped with my balance problems, one foot in front of the other with my eyes closed, very difficult, so wouldn't recommend them unless you have something soft to fall onto if it all goes wrong but really stressed my balance system and helped improve it.

• Posted

Good luck with it all, my GP referred me to the dizzy clinic and it must have been passed onto a neuro otologist and I was booked an appointment to see him.  They were conducting research at the time so that might have been why.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.