Really need some closure about my ANA results.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello.

So I’ve been having skin problems mainly eczema for about 4 years. I’m a 19 year old female. The dermatologist referred me to have an ANA blood test because he said sometimes the dark marks on my body is a sign of lupus. My test came back positive and he said something of 320 (I think  Ya 320 titers  i’ve  been doing a lot of googling since the results came) anyways. I have a cousin from my dads side who died of lupus last year so it made me worry even more. I think the only symptoms I have for lupus is sometimes fatigue and sometimes muscle/joint pain but it’s never an intense pain. And of cause my dry skin and sometimes rash under my eyes and on my eyelids. Please, if you could, share with me how much your titer count was so that I can have some peace of mind while I wait to go for more tests or any advice or info really. Thanks a lot! It’s super appreciated. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

My titers were 1:320 the first time and 1:160 the next, currently waiting for the most recent results. I consistently have low lymphocytes, raised ESR and CRP more often than not (I get regular tests because of the drugs I have). Recently my RBC count has been a bit low too.

I don't have a confirmed diagnosis of anything! But the doctors agree that there is a problem which warrants treatment and monitoring.

Hope that helps, and best wishes to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.