Really need some reassurance on my anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all as you all may know I do suffer from health anxiety and I'm having a really bad day with it😢 my minds racing I think I have cancer and all sorts, I've had bloods taken and I'm clear, if I had cancer something would've came up in my bloods wouldn't it?? Need some urgent reassurance😢

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

rachel you really worry too much about health issues that are not there.  It is so easy to do.  Try not to get so worked up if you can and avoid medical books!  Richard
  • Posted

I feel the same.I am told that there is nothing wrong with me other than anxiety,but I never believe the doctors and always think they have missed something.I just keep hoping that I can stop worrying myself to death.I really do sympathise with you because feeling this way limits what you can do because of fear.

are you taking any medication for anxiety?

Wendl.

• Posted

It's so horrible😪 I really hate it! And nope I'm not are you?x
  • Posted

No,although I have been prescribed a number of anti anxiety pills..

I do not want to take them as I worry about side effects as I live alone.

I take One sleeping pill at night as otherwise I would be worrying about my health all night.

That is not to say that you should do the same.

CBT therapy seems to work for a great number of people.Ask your doctor if you could have a course,although I know you probably have to wait a while for an appointment.It is worth a try.

really hope you start to feel better.

Wendl.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.