Really not coping

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have just moved somewhere new so I don't know if this is making things worse. 

I lie in bed all day doing nothing and lie awake all night. I have a few job interviews lined up and I have no idea what I want to do with my life as I no longer want a future at all. The thought of spending all day in a dull, prospectless miserable job is horrible. 

Also, my dog is being put down today or tomorrow - I know that may seem silly but he is the only thing that keeps me going, the only thing I can cuddle up with and feel ok. I hate physical contact with people after the attack so he is all I really have to spend time with and cuddle up to. 

I tried to organise counselling, but they didn't get back to me to confirm a date and I don't see my GP for another two weeks.  

Would love to just curl up in bed, go to sleep and not worry about waking up sad

Hope you're all having a better time, 

Fee x 

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi no wonder you are feeling so bad as moving is incredibly stressful,  coupled with job hunting and having to put your beloved dog to sleep.  I do feel for you as I have had to do this too and it never gets any easier.   As a loving caring owner sometimes this has to be done - you know that it doesn't help really does it?  

Be extra kind to yourself at the moment love and I am thinking of you. 

Hugs  bev xx

• Posted

It's just extra hard because after everything that happened, I became so uncomfortable with people, so having him was the only way to feel less lonely, less detached rolleyes But on the other hand you can't let your pet suffer, because they are just as important. 

Thanks Bev, it really means a lot xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.