Really outgoing and happy, however anxiety at an all time high? How do I get over this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My anxiety has taken many forms over the last 5 months and has really peaked for the last 3-4 weeks, for what feels like no/little reason. I am not a very emotional person and originally felt like I could handle alot of issues/ problems that other people might not be able to as I am a very happy and outgoing person. However, I have had many many symptons of anxiety and it appears as soon as I get over one sympton, another one will take effect. Extreme symptons include loss of circulation whilst sleeping - often I have woken up with my hands or legs feeling completely numb and even in twisted positions. I have felt dizzy and confused and out of touch with reality alot. I can have a panic attack at just hearing about a illness that is life threatening. I fixate on my health and whether I have a new health issues, especially mental health. I have panic attacks if I feel the tiniest bit nauseous, as I can't deal with the thought of putting my health in danger... despite wanting to lead a "normal" 20 year old life style. I.e. when I feel non-anxious (which isn't often) I'll still love to go out and drink etc, but will have awful consequences of anxiety afterwards. A new sympton for today has been "flittering eyes", I feel like it is harder to concerntrate/ see as clear as my eye sight is slightly shakey when I get nervous and its almost like the lighting is too bright for my eyes to cope with. I am so bored of not feeling normal, that I just want a quick fix. I feel like I am in the mind set to be resilient against anxiety issues, however physical symptons are over bearing? Is there anyone who has "gotten" over their anxiety once and for all, and how? I feel like there isn't any reason for me to be anxious, but I just keep finding new ways to scare myself. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

For two months I've had them. Crying episodes, heat from head to toe, tingling, chest pain , 10xs I've called EMS, ER visits, doctor visited 2 to 3 times a week, headaches, tension all in my muscles, blurred vision you name it I had it. I got so sick of it. I started a journal I've written all my racing thoughts, Even just daily task, triggers what I was doing etc. I separated myself from many because some were causing my attacks. Making me worry. I tell myself to stop thinking negative. Positive thinking, excersies, walking, brain teasers, therapist, And I set 2 goals a day. It's been 5 days now I've slept through the night, driven my car, and haven't taken any meds. In also meditation its helped. So I do it in the morning and at night. Hope you start to cope. It's definitely scary but you determine your thoughts u control them and your environment. That's what I tell myself EVERYDAY
    • Posted

Great job and very nice to hear.you should very proud of yourself.😊
    • Posted

I'm learning to reward myself with positive thoughts and time for me LOL. It tries to flare up I just do what needs to be done to cope
    • Posted

I find it waxes and wanes. I have had long spans of time in between. You just have to keep on it in a positive way. The meditations are really helpful and i try to eat as healthy as i can with suppliments. Not to sound corny but through all the meditations i have also accepted the mind body healing theory and got a few books on quantum physics and biology of belief and stuff. 
    • Posted

Haha oops not quantum physics..quantum healing.
    • Posted

I agree. That is REAL mind, body healing is a law. Im finding that out now. But for me I have to learn to let go of hurt everything I'm noticing is past tense. And holding I. Not fully forgiving, thinking on it is soooo unhealthy. I'm so glad I'm pushing myself. But forums like these truly help as well because I'm not alone in the world with this. A d I love the feedback trying new things I once thought was silly is life changing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.