Really pleased after first week :)

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just wanted to share how pleased I am that weighed today and I jave lost 5lb in my first week. My fibromyalgia has been pretty bad so I haven't been able to excercise so didn't expect to loose much smile

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done. Thats really good!

I on the other hand haven't lost anything yet after 9 days :-( 

• Posted

Hey samh83

I kno it feels really rubbish, I've bn there - I didn't lose anything for a whole two weeks, felt bloated and queasy the whole time - soul destroying. HOWEVER, after that the weight started to shift, albeit not hugely fast, but now I'm into the way of eating, I'm finding it fine!!

I am just in the third week of my third month on the tablets and I've lost 19 lbs, which may not seem a huge amount but bearing in mind I hav bn away on two holiday weekends, with lots of drinking involved lol 😁

Try and stick with it and I'm SURE u will c a difference.

xxx

• Posted

I really hope so. I feel like absolute crap still!

19lb is great! I will be well chuffed if I lose that amount within 3 months :-)

• Posted

Hi emma99427, HUGE well done for losing 5lb in ur first wk 😁

xx

• Posted

Thank you I think my body had just gone into shock from the lack of junk wink
  • Posted

That's brilliant it'll be a week for me tomorrow so I'll be weighing in then. Hope I've done as well as u xx 😊
  • Posted

Im going for weigh in tomorrow after 4 weeks on orlistat. No bad side effects and it certainly makes you think about fat content of food. Fingers crossed. I do feel a bit lighter but well see. 
    • Posted

Good luck I hope you have a good result. Let me know how you get on x 
  • Posted

Well done Emma, did you go to the Dr's for your weigh in or a quick hop on your home scales, I have been hopping on mine and according to my home ones I have lost 8lbs today it's 2 weeks for me on Oralist, although mornings your always lighter and I didn't have the same jeans on that the Dr weighed me in, but I am noticing a difference in different areas ie my middle is shrinking slowly.  I had a terrible day yesteday I was snacking on dried apricots and someone who is a male teacher of gym said it was fine to eat brazil nuts so I scoffed about 200g of them, when I looked at the label I was horrified but he said its a different type of fat ??Anyways you know we are warned of side effects if you eat to much fat ie over 15g of fat per meal well it was the worst one could experience, I had wind like a gale force 80mph, uncomfortable feeling in my tummy and then whosh, terrible, my whole bowels erupted not once not twice but 6 times, it was unbelievable so I shall go on watching my own labels and Collins gem "Calorie Counter" which gives me total fat per 100g and NOT I repeat NOT go over 15g of fat at my meal time ever again !!sad    Samh83 you will lose, everyone of us is different in losing ie some faster than others, and some take longer for the Oralist to get into the system and getting our heads around the new way of eating, think positive - you will make it smile

• Posted

Hi thank you for your reply.  I weighed at home. I didn't click mt start weight at the docs although I know my bmi was lower when she put it in the system than it was when I first weighed at home. That's awful about the side affects, yes unfortunately orlistat cant tell the difference between good and bad fats rolleyes im bein so over cautious at the mo but will gradually build up to the 15g per meal x 
  • Posted

Well done. Cut the carbs and take gentle exercise, such as stretches and yoga type moves. Completely cut sugar out of your diet. Try a vitamin B supplement, good for the nerves. Also epsom salt baths are the best thing ever.
    • Posted

emma99427, If you are on Oralist I would follow what the Dr said ie up to 15g of fat per meal or less not over as this is how oralist works.  I know Mandie51 is saying cut out sugar etc but this is veering away from what the Dr recommends with oralist as it works by stopping any fat from taking hold in your body and with oralist if you want a glass of wine it will not affect your 15 grms of fat per meal allowance as there is no fat,  Your doing good the way you are following the diet emma smile

• Posted

Hi,

well you while on this drug, i cannot advise you as I have no experience. To me it seems futile to take any pills at all to help you slim. The side effects are bad news, it is unnatural.

Better to curb the carbs, eat natural fats and proteins and take exercise surely? 

• Posted

Thank you.  I use my fitness pal which had all the daily recommended levels and shows how much ive had of each so I go by that smile

Mandi51 if I try cutting things out like sugar I will feel too deprived as ive alreasy given up chocolate ( my biggest vice) due to its fat content smile

• Posted

Can I ask why you are commenting on this thread then as its orlistat specific!? Due to medical reasons I can ot shift the weight on my own trust me ive been trying to for the last two years so these tablets arent something ive decided on lightly and certainly arent going to feel bad for not wanting to start cutting everything from my diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.