Really really tight like a band all around my front under my rib cage

Posted , 3 users are following.

when I eat it gets so tight like pressure all around my front under ribs . I have gastritis and oesophagitis but never this before. it's so uncomfortable I cant wear my bra and dont know which way to lie. Has anyone got this. i also get hiccups

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I do have this pain but I can wear....It's under ribcage the pain...and it's tender OMG also I have abdominal tenderness I'm so tired...I have 5 months baby I can't even lift him like others do it's so tender.

• Posted

Hi Roritta98

Is it possible you can call your doctor and have a telephone consultation. He/she may be able to arrange for you to be referred for an ultrasound scan of your abdomen. What does your diet consist of? how long have you had this problem, when did the pain start? You may have strained a muscle..i do sympathise it's not good to have pain when you have a baby to care for. You must tell your doctor how the pain is making it difficult for you to carry and care for your baby......best wishes...

• Posted

I did ultrasound scan and he said there's no any problem.But almost 5 months now I have abdominal tenderness..Can muscle strain cause abdominal tenderness?

• Posted

Hi Roritta98

Did you have a natural childbirth? You may have strained a muscle during labour if your childbirth was a natural birth and not a caesarian. Where exactly is the pain in your abdomen??

• Posted

whole abdomen but most of the time under the rib cage....and lower abdomen right and left...I'm tired even when I read some symptoms I can't understand what is exactly my problem...Because most of the symptoms they mention the place of the pain like appendicitis is lower right abdomen but I have pain whole over the abdomen.

• Posted

Hi Roritta98

Since your darling little baby is 5 months old and you have had the pain for 5 months it sounds as if there is connection with childbirth. Have you had any xrays of your ribcage area? To help the pain take hot baths and soak for a while and use some rub in painkiller cream such as voltarol. I know it is virtually impossible to rest with a 5 month old baby i've been there twice!, but if you can rest whenever possible and ask you husband/partner to lift the baby onto your lap for feeding and changing? so that you can give your abdomen a bit of a rest. Perhaps a little mild exercise may help. Call your doc and ask for an xray of your ribcage area.....

• Posted

Hi Rorrita98

You may be suffering from Postpartum Pain Syndrome: read all of the attached info:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.