Really red scalp

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last two years I’ve had a problem with dandruff and itchy scalp or the last two years I’ve had a problem with dandruff and itchy gout recently the last week or so I’ve noticed that my scalp is really red and patchy kind of. Mostly on the side in the back. I don’t know how long it’s been like this since it’s not really red on the top so I haven’t really noticed recently the last week or so I’ve noticed that my scalp is really red and patchy kind of. Mostly on the side in the back. I don’t know how long it’s been like this since it’s not really read on the top so I haven’t really noticed. do you have an appointment with the dermatologist tuesdsy.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This may sound odd but often itchy scalps are caused by too much hair washing. Many people benefit from only washing their hair with water 99% of the time. This allows the natural oils to rebuild and keep the scalp supple.

• Posted

it sounds like it could be sebhorreic dermatitis. You could try a medicated shampoo like alphosyl or something a lot more gentle and natural called moogoo natural milk shampoo. It is a big bottle and lasts for ages but it can take a few washes before it works. I have been using it for a couple of years now since the medicated stuff doesn't work for me anymore and I never have a problem with my scalp now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.