Really rough night....

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. Me again. Didn't know if we could keep posting or not. I feel the need to update since things went from chugging along to worse again in one day. Yesterday was horrible. I had diarrhea (more like loose BM) all day compounded by anxiety and racing heart rate. Last night I woke up twice after finally falling asleep around 12, at 4 needing to use the restroom and a heart rate around 116. Took a half an hour to get it calm enough to sleep again but was up at 6:30 with the same symptoms. I have taken more of my BP meds because that was high also and took a beta blocker. The doctor prescribed me a prescription for the diarrhea but I don't want to stop it up so I got some Pepto this morning and just taking it in small doses. I feel like I am starting back at square one as this was what I was dealing with in the beginning. Has anyone had similar setbacks this far in the game? I am seriously trying not to freak out and run to the hospital. That would just make my anxiety worse. Help sad 

P.S. I am an atheist so as much as I would love to believe that God will fix all this, I can't. No meant to be offensive. I really appreciate the kind thought no matter what form they are in smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendi, yes I have had the same issues. You are right to try and calm yourself! Being in a state of calm helps the nervous system which in turn helps the many systems it controls.

You will get well! God is God He is faithful because of who He is, not because of us! So I will pray for help and strength for you as you battle with the symptoms of this cruel virus!

I can't recall how many months in you are. I know I have seen your post for a few months.

It seems that crashes or relapses are a normal part of the recovery. Learning where our level of activity that we can obtain with minimal crashes will help! Rest and strive to stay in a state of calm as much as possible. Remind yourself of what you can do that you couldn't do a few months back. Also remember that this crash is temporary!

Prayers, Rhonda

• Posted

Hi Wendi,

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time still. As Rhonda says, it can be very normal to get set backs it's a very common thing this kind of zig-zag nature of recovery with the virus. Sometimes it feels like 2 steps forward then 3 back - but just want to reassure that you're not back to the start even though the symptoms might feel that way, I often had relapses during it and generally returned to a more 'normal' level of the virus within a week or two, not that it helps much even to go to a normal level of the virus as I know that's still extremely tough to deal with. But these kind of episodes do pass is what I really mean and want to stress, it's hard not to panic when it happens I know it's totally understandable, and really hoping things settle down soon.

Hoping that your sleep pattern settles too, it's horrible when that is disrupted so badly. It depends how badly you feel with your sleep but an anti-depressant that is often used for nerve pain called amitrypyline is something I take at night and it is very calming and makes such a difference to your sleep - it's always an option maybe worth talking to the doctor about if you are struggling. Alternatively, taking herbs like passion flower or cayenne pepper, especially around early evening to bedtime, can also help with sleep at night and calm the body ahead of and in bed I have found.

I agree with Rhonda regarding God being faithful to us all, and I agree also most definitely that you are going to get better! This crash is temporary I think also, hoping things settle soon as it's horrible when you're feeling so poorly with this and the cycle of anxiety and worry it causes. Thinking about you and hang in there. 

Craig

Craig

• Posted

Thanks so much!!! I have spent the day eating a bland diet and trying to remain positive. I appreciate all the support more than you can imagine.
    • Posted

Hang in there Wendi - still thinking about you and rooting for you - you are going to get through this.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.