Really Sad

Posted , 2 users are following.

Been told the 'powers that be' are stopping my Pain Group sessions for people with chronic pain at the end of the year. No one has asked the group who attend what we have got out of going, what benefits etc. Just money saving? False economy, why stop something that is working? What is the alternative - more medication, more GP visits, it does not make any sense. All the patients are horrified that this is stopping, as we all have and do benefit from attending, learning such a lot and talking to other patients with similar problems. So sad, as chronic pain can only be managed at the stage I have reached and that is exactly what the groups did for me. I for one cannot manage without this vital treatment. Don't know how I'll manage?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

have you thought of starting a petition to try to stop this or writing to your local MP ?

Beverley

• Posted

thank you for your response. I will definitely write to my MP, never thought of her.

Thanks for that - much appreciated.

• Posted

Hi there,

have you thought of starting a petition to try to stop this or writing to your local MP ?

Beverley

• Posted

Hi there,

Beverley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.