Really scared I have pancreatic cancer

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all

For the last two weeks (maybe a little more), I've had a pain on my left side, under the ribs, between the bottom of my bra and the base of my rib cage. Its mostly a dull ache. It seems worse at night, especially if I lie on my left side. My appetite has completely abandoned me, and I never feel hungry. sometimes it radiates across my back, or over to my right rib (but on a lesser pan scale)

My bowel movements seem loose, but then again, have been mostly like that all year, I even had a colonoscopy to investigate, but it came back clear.

I feel like I am urinating less often too, but its light or clear.

I have an urgent referral to the gastroentorolgist on Monday, but I am not really coping with the waiting,

when I mentioned my pan can frar to my GP, he said "its on the list, but not top of the list". I didn't ask what was at the top of the list, was too busy freaking out.

I know what will be, will bem but I just can't get a grip on this 😦

Has anyone else had these symptoms?

Thanks

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Mam i am 20 years old but have similar issues from October. Reduced appetite, although sometimes good sometimes not and occasional upper abdominal pain. Sometimes back pain on different spots at different times. Seriously freaking out about pancreatic cancer. Going to get a ultrasound in 2 days but feeling scared to hell.

• Posted

Hi,

i am having similar symptoms and i am out of mind with worry.

you are ok now ??

• Posted

hey Julie any updates as I have left side back under rib for a year and a half......it's affecting my life greatly to the point of severe depression

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.