Really scared is it Pancreatic or Liver Cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey Friends,

Hope you can give some advise or reassurance

I am 20 years old male from India. Had sudden loss of appetite from past year October along with heartburn and upper middle abdominal pain. Various tests were done by GP such as CBC, Liver test, Endoscopy. All Clear. But problem still same. Last month in January, Gastroenterologist prescribed Pantoprazole and Hunger Syrup. Took it for some days since then heartburn has improved very much. But appetite is still sluggish. Somedays good , somedays bad. Stomach pain occurs but rarely like once in some days only. But the fear of Pancreatic Cancer has caught hold on me. Although as i eat outside foods sometimes only.

Is there anyone who had similar symptoms? What was your diagnosis? Any suggestions?

The thing that so much time has already passed makes me more tensed.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes anxiety can cause loss of appetite.Has no diagnosis been suggested? Maybe give it a bit more time for your appetite to stablize and get help for your anxiety such relaxation therapy. It's a good sign that medication has helped your heartburn. Maybe you have GERD which can be worsened by stress.

• Posted

I would accept gastritis as a probable cause and leave it at that. Try a food diary to see if a food triggers symptoms and avoid anything rich, fatty, or spicy. Eat blandly. Try not to keep thinking about it; focus on things you enjoy.

• Posted

Don't think too much. Don't read through internet to relate symptoms with a disease. Internet is not at all good for that. Try reading through solutions, possible medicines and how people got cured.

Stomach problems can be because of number of things. Life style, sitting habits, eating habits, lack of sleep, hypertension, lack of movement ( exercises ) or any type of stomach infection ( like hpylori). If anything was worrisome your doctor would have pointed you out about that. Try to ask your doctor for breathe test to rule out hpylori. It's a bacterial infection and have similar symptoms sometimes.

• Posted

Yes my thought is also of h pylori but the gastro doc did endoscopy and he didn't said about it. But still i would have a stool test for h pylori.

You are right maybe I am thinking too much of that. I am really the kind of hypochondriac 😄😄

Hope

• Posted

You know. When I got hpylori test through endoscopy, the slide turned red after 12 hours. While the doctor told me to throw it away after 5-7 hours. If I had thrown it away I could never know I got that.

So it might be a similar misdiagnosis in your case. Yes stool test will confirm.

• Posted

I also have back pain sometimes. Although it's mostly after the day i play cricket but you know it adds fuel to the fire making me more anxious about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.