really sick 4 days after lumbar puncture

Posted , 1 user is following.

its got increasingly bad i had a Lumbar Puncture Fluoroscopy on friday and it was no sweat but the pain and headaches started and then cold sweats and chills and vomiting, neck and back pain, sunday i went to hospital and they said it might be a csf leak. they sent me home with meds for nausea and vomiting but it doesnt help i just puke that up to. ive been feeling really out of it too. i thought it was getting a lil better yesterday but its horrible today still.  i been puking and laying down really doesnt help me with feeling better. 

could this be normal? the doctor said something about calling the hospital for blood patch but i just dont feel like doing anything i just feel horrible i was thinking it could go away on its own or something

it also hurts to breathe. i dont feel like going to hospital and everything again i just went sunday.

have others gone through this? is this part of having a CSF leak or what

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

also the lumbar puncture was diagnostic i wasnt sick like this before i got LP. this started after

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.