Really skinny

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I'm really skinny and they want to put the aca on but don't know,where they are going to put the battery. I backed out at the last minute because I was afraid. The night before I was supposed to get it I found this site and read all night and cancels in the morning. I'm 105 pounds and I'm afraid I'm going to feel everything, but especially the battery. Any info or advice for me? I'm in so much pain I can't stand myself anymore. I don't take pain pills as I'm addiction at this size is also a very real thing. I do smoke pot. Thank you in advance for any help or advice. Ellen

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am a doctor and know all the complications, if I had spent the night before going through all of them and thinking of that, I'd have made myself nuts too.  As it was, I did get a complication, I lost weight and the fat pad between the battery and my sciatic nerve disappeared so I got horrible sciatica and the thing had to be moved.  It wasn't so awful because in the meantime my back pain just about disappeared and when they moved the battery, it was all about gone and I was able to start lowering my medications.  You will never get any help from anything if you keep refusing all help.  Sure medications can cause you to become dependent, but who cares if they help?  Pot, btw is addictive too.  You make no sense to me.  You want help but refuse it in case you might get a side effect or become dependent. You have to be willing to give a little to get something back. Nothing is without risk. You also have to remember that people that are happy with their SCS don't go looking for a message board to sing it's praises, you pretty much only find unhappy people on forums like these who complain about their experience.  I came on here because of my sciatica problem.  But, I now have 2 SCS in me, one that works extremely well for my lower back and leg cramps and one that works fairly well for my neck, but can't get my arm neuropathy so much.  We are even using the lower one to try to hit my newly developed CRPS in my right ankle.  If I hadn't already had that in place I would be in agony right now. So, I am glad I have taken the risk, gone through the several minor complications and have my two SCS in place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.