really sore feet when walking or standing too long

Posted , 4 users are following.

been suffering with really sore soles of both feet after walking or standing for too long they get that sore I want to walk on the sides of my feet just to take the presume off is this my fibro or something else??happens a few times now they do feel better after a nice warm soak

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I put up with it most days and some evenings....  pays to wear good comfy shoes or use those really good scholl Gel shoe liner things that really do take a load of pressure away from your feet.  They are amazing... 
  • Posted

I wake up with incredibly painful feet and they stay all day. The pain is in the soles and all my toe joints like I've done a marathon in my limited and broken sleep. Also the skin on top of my feet burns. 

This disease is bizarre. Only yesterday I was crying all day in pain and feeling desperate about this is how I will feel every day for the rest of my life. It's hard to stay positive sometimes. But fight another day we will and do.

be kind to yourself. Just rest and put those tootsies of yours up and do things that give you comfort and stay nice and cosy.

xx

• Posted

Hi sarapainfree I am having the same problem, my feet are very sore painful and hurt when walking. Having comfortable shoes helps along with gel insoles as mentioned by deb take care gentle hugs x
  • Posted

Hello I'm Zoe.

Yes yes yes I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I find myself walking on the sides of my feet without even realising I'm doing it at first.

Sometimes it feels like I'm walking on something prickly or get shooting pains up my shins from the bottom of feet. When I'm in bed I get the most annoying feelings in my legs. It is known as Restless Leg Syndrome and it's a feeling I can't explain properly but ill try...It's like having an itch but all over the legs and u can't get away from it. Scratching doesn't work its the most annoying feeling and u can't get away from it. It keeps me awake and my legs twitch and move. Weird!!!

Do u have a coldish floor in ur home? That helps I find.

Hope that helps x

• Posted

I don't wake up with with the pain it's mainly when Iv had a short walk around a shop or just doing the school run its all in the arch under my foot if u know what I mean
  • Posted

Hi Sara

yes, I also suffer with sore feet, in the muscles and in the joints. They are usually freezing cold, but when they finally warm up I get burning on the soles of my feet which is bad enough to keep me awake. They usually ache in the joints most of the time, but it gets worse after walking even short distances. The doctor thought it was a tendon thing to start with, but it went on for so long and during that time I was diagnosed with fibro so he just put it down to that rolleyes

Its not nice, but I guess things could be worse.

Take care

• Posted

I have an appointment with my doctor Friday so going to bring this new symptom up see why she says she is a brilliant doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.