Really sore heads.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys , hope you can help. I have been having really bad head aches when waking up ! It might not be linked to anxiety I just wanted to see who can agree ! I have been waking up to a sore head ! On one side or both. My eye is really sore when I move it up to the forehead where my headache most frequently occurs. I see wee blurys in my eyes and my eyes have become sensitive to light ! I constantly think I have a brain tumour. Please help.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ron I have been waking up with really bad headaches too that can last the full day.

I do suffer from different types of migraines & take Epilum Chrono to prevent them.

The morning headaches are definately related to stress & anxiety...both of which affect me daily..

I would see your G.P as any sudden headaches should be investigated.

Good luck

Yvonne

• Posted

Hi Yvonne , I have been to the doctors already and they checked me over. They said it could be down to lack of fluids but I drink plenty. But the doctor checked my eyes incredible amounts and I'm guessing she was checking if my nerves were swollen as a praucation for a brain tumour. I have also been for 3 optician appointments where they diagnosed me with a focus deficieny. If any brain tumours where present would they be picked up looking in detail at my eyes ?
    • Posted

Does the back of your neck get sore when you have a headache?

If the headache is affecting one side & feels if it coming from behind one eye..that usually indicates a migraine....well in my case it does & Ive had migraine for over 40 yrs.

• Posted

Hi, I wouldn't say my neck gets sore but I have had this pain for at least 4 days. It starts when I move my eye to the top left of my head. It is almost a muscle is sore or something. I was sleeping and my brother woke me up by pushing my eyes heavily down as a joke. Some joke ..... Any way I had an eye test since then and everything was fine but now you say it I am definitely getting some pain down my neck now. I think all my symptoms would be different if I had a tumour ! As I don't specifically have any other symptoms
  • Posted

Any ear pain at all? I get headaches on my right side, but also have trouble with the ear on that side (it gets blocked easily as I have a small ear canal). Could also be tension/stress! If your eyes are fine, then that's a good sign. It's not a definitive test, but as long as you haven't lost any cognitive function then it should be nothing to worry about.

Could also be sinus related, it is the winter after all!

• Posted

Hello 😊I'm exactly the same there's so many of us with anxiety beyond anxiety please don't worry.i have severe health anxiety and my dr is sending me for cognitive therapy to see if it will help me.i suffer headaches and one sided sounds like migraines I suffer with these with zig zag lines etc.your Dr checked you thoroughly and your optician would definitely see pressure behind your eyes so please stop worrying as it will make your headaches worse lots of love Michelle xx
  • Posted

Sounds bery sinus related. Do you have allergies?
    • Posted

No , nothing at all ! It's weird , when I seem to squeeze ! It's very very sore in the area Ye headache is situated ! Just took some pain killer , hopefully something works.
  • Posted

I could have written this post.. except I get flashing spots of light... No other migraine symptoms and they said it could be octular migraine (I think that's the name) where instead of getting the intense pain and nausea I just get sensitive to light.. been to two optometrists in the last week alone and they found nothing, unless your speech is slower and u find it harder to do things that wouldn't normally take long then I would suggest going to ur gp just to be safe... Would almost bet my life that u are a sufferer of migraines xx
    • Posted

Hi Rachel ! It was building up for days where I would feel my head get a wee bitty sore but not to sore. I felt dizzy etc ! And today has been not horrible but the pain has certainly peaked at its worse. I took pain killers and had some coffee and all was fabby. I'm wondering ! I always wake up with bad headaches ! I'm 16 so could be a age thing. Doctor says I'm fine ! I have had a focus deficieny where my eyes try there hardest to focus on things but the optic guy says my results are improving. I didn't have my normal cup of coffee this morning and the pain had got worse ! Just wondering if this is linked in a way , like my body is crying out for its caffeine dose. I am the exact same as you ! I can see floaters , lines etc ! Maybe my Health anxiety is not really helping either as it brung me to tears at the thought of having a brain tumour ! Thanks for the reply xx smile
    • Posted

I get all weird light when im tired. So scary. I have eye issues though but have no clue if the light flashes are releated. But when headaches show up i know it was migrane related.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.