Really sore legs 😭

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone my legs are absolutely killing me tonight I am in agony my knees are red and swollen does anyone else notice this in their joints I also woke up the other night with excruciating pain in my elbow...I am really hurting I am sick and tired of all this I really am thanks everyone xxx

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Morning Kerrie; yes to "pain in knees".....for example, the thing that woke me this morning (and many times during the night), were my SORE knees...not sure if it's due to having them "locked in the one position for a period of an hour or so", or inflammation of the knees???....When you describe swollen and red, it "indicates" inflammation, and maybe an anti-inflammotory (I use Brufen) may help....but the only problem with this is, that it doesn't help Long-term to Stop this type of issue...just helps relieve the pain for a while..............I also find I need this medication when my neck becomes stiff and sore, too. The side effect is then retained fluid/swelling of ankles (not bad, but noticeable).....I do agree with having joints injected .  I had many joints injected about 5+ years ago with Cortisone (an anti-inflammotory), and stopped many of my problems for quite some time.  Perhaps if I can find the energy to make another appt with Rhuemy, I may go down that road again for my knees and elbows too??.

?I havn't tried/heard of  the mentioned Meloxacam, but will look into this and find out more.                        good luck and keep us posted with what you trial, and if you feel it has helped.                    Bron

• Posted

Hello Kerrie,

it's pretty miserable isn't it.  I had a day like that yesterday, I hurt everywhere and really felt down. I'm really dreading the winter.  Gentle hugs x

• Posted

Hi Kerry i suffer from joint pain every day thankfully mine doesn't swell up I hate having to bend down my knees feel like they are grinding in waiting for physio but I got a letter telling me there is a 28 week wait i feel like my knees back ankles and elbows all need oiling its no fun at all having all these problems x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.