Really starting to think I may have MS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Seems like there a lot of discussions started here about this, but few replies, so I guess I'm just writing to get it out there.

I am a 44 year old female who has been experiencing a crazy array of symptoms for the past year or so, many of which have been chalked up to perimenopause (insomnia, heart palpitations, increased anxiety, wonky cycles) after a blood test showed elevated FSH. For the past month or so, however, I've been experiencing paresthesia, which is leading me to question MS. It started with tingling in my right foot - not true pins and needles or numbness, just a mild tingling. It wasn't constant, but would start around mid-morning and last a few hours or, at the worst, til evening, and this happened almost daily, very cyclical. I never experienced it at night. Around the same time, my left arm felt very tired and heavy one day. Went to my PCP and she prescribed PT, which has definitely helped (PT diagnosed me with upper crossed syndrome due to how I work) but every now and then, my arm gets that odd feeling. A week or so ago, the foot tingling completely stopped but now I'm feeling weird tingling sensations under the skin on my right leg, almost like my leg is cold. And here's the clincher - the other day, it totally felt like my upper left leg/rear end was wet, like I'd sat in something. Of course, I was completely dry. Dr. Google of course brings that up as one of the 'weird' symptoms of MS. I had mentioned the foot tingling to my PCP when it first started and at that point, she didn't see any other reason to suspect anything 'big and scary.' I go back to see her in a few weeks for a blood pressure check (mine's been elevated due to my increased anxiety) and will certainly mention these new symptoms. But in reality - this does sound like possible MS, doesn't it? The thought of that scares me so badly, but in some respects, it would be nice to know what's going on with my body.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hello iv been experiencing lots of symptoms over 2/3 years some of which you have described, however no diagnosis from a neurosurgeon after many tests and scans. a problem has been found in my spine below my neck which has been ruled as nothing of concern, an inward disc bulge

I have since been told this may be the cause of all of my worries. all i can say is try to manage day to day if the mri scan is clear and nothing wrong with your bloods treat it as maybe old age setting in, lol

this is what I say to myself daily when my symptoms flur up. your not alone

I'm Leeroy 38 from England

• Posted

It sounds very possible, but like you said as scary as it is - it's better to have a diagnosis or not. I would recommend you visit a neurologist and get an MRI so they can conclude whether its MS or not.

Whatever the outcome, diagnosis or no diagnosis, it is what it is right? I recommend to everyone to look into lifestyle changes (diet and exercise) because that will always help.

In my 2.5 years now being diagnosed and living with MS I've tried many different medications and nothing has had a greater impact than changing my diet to a plant based one and regular exercise. Look at forksoverknives.

I still experience chronic insomnia, MS fatigue, tingling and pain in my limbs, but I'm able to work full time and overall lead a 'normal' life for now despite living with it. You learn to live with your 'new normal' and just do what you can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.