Really strange anxiety feelings

Posted , 3 users are following.

Usually I can identify my anxiety bouts, often health relatedm but over the ladt couple of weeks, I am experiencing anxiety symptoms in a totally different way, I ave never had a problem socially, but now, just going shopping seems to bring on a rapid heart, shaky trembling internally.

Somedays this will last for hours afterwards, even my legs feel fizzy if that makes sense. Just cant get it back to a normal level, any little thing seems to trigger these horrible feelings. As I say usually I can tie it down to some one thing I am stressing over, but this a new one on me. It really concerns me as I am trying to lower my blood pressure naturally, much to my drs disgust, and all this anxiety just isnt helping do that at all.

Just seem to need to break the cycle somehow. I wake up with heart racing, it settles, only to return with a myriad of other symptoms as soon as I attempt to go out or do anything at all. Have to find a way to curb this, somehow.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you see a psychiatrist or are you on anxiety meds? What is your blood pressure usually that your doctor doesn't agree with you doing it naturally?

Usually if I know I'll be anxious, I talk outloud to myself. I really don't care how crazy it makes me look because it helps me.. Before you go outside, talk to yourself. "Ok were going to the store now, and you're not going to be anxious" or "you're going to be anxious a bit But hold it together. I'm not paying attention to this symptom today". It really does help sometimes when you get it into your mind that you won't be scared.

• Posted

Hi thankyou for reply, I dont see anyone for this or have any meds, although have done in the past,

Bp isnt particularly high, but I had a t.i.a. 4 months ago, and dr, want bp and cholesterol to be taken right down low, now I tried some meds for that but felt awful, so decided to try the natural route, hich as i say dr not happy with, I do take a blood thinner which was prescribed.

I also cant take statins as they give me awful cramps, so again the natural approach.

I think may anxiety has become worse since the t.i.a as it was quite scary, and now am at risk of a full blown stroke, and that i cannot get away from. I have always had health anxiety, and panic attacks, to varying degree, but it has never affected me going out or my daily life. I am a very social perso and usuall

Love to be out and about and meeting friends, but now I start out ok, positive if you like, then while out I become breathless, heart pounding, etc.

Sorry to ramble, and thanks for your reply

Regards Wendy

• Posted

If you question why the negativity you with just make the matter worse. You need to look towards positive thoughts and actions, they will help you feel more at one with your thoughts and your mood will be able too lift you out of your pit

BOB

• Posted

Hi thankyou, yes I do agree, and do for the most part try to think positvely

But sort of think that if i find the reason why things have escalated lately I can face it head on and maybe deal with it.

Mind that doesnt seem to working very well, just seem to be getting worse.

Regards

Wendy

• Posted

Hello wendy sometimes it is always better to forget the bad and look towards something positive. If it is something you feel good when doing something you like this is a diversion and when you are concentrating at that the brain produces positive chemicals and the mood rises as you perform yor actions

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.