Really struggle early morning when my boyfriend goes to work

Posted , 3 users are following.

Early mornings are the worst for me. I'm so anxious and on edge. Hate being on my own. And I get so many thoughts and just can't settle properly. Any tips on how to try and relax and stay calm please

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I find the mornings are really hard too. I get up and get the kids ready for school and I'm fine as I'm busy. As soon as they go and my boyfriend goes to work if I'm at home I feel very anxious. If I have to go out I so.etimes think of excuses not to go so I can stay home where I feel comfortable. I also try to sleep so the meds work and I forget about it. Having said that if I force myself to go out or do sometging I feel so much better. I think maybe try some relaxation techniques. Deep breathing and try to get yourself busy doing things. Day by day it will get easier. Good luck

• Posted

That's exactly like me, I try keep busy and also in mornings I try go back asleep but sometimes it's hard to settle and my mind to switch off and relax. Thank you for the tips I shall try them smile

• Posted

Rebecca

I went through all of this. It is truly horrible.

It is due to anxiety. The feeling will go but it may take time. 

Are you taking any medication.?

I was taking a small dose of codeine for back pain and that caused the anxiety as it suppresses the endorphins in the brain which are the bodys natural painkillers and anti depressants.

TIPS.

​1.. Get something to eat as soon as possible to keep your strength up. If not feeling hungry grab a pint of milk and a banana and ingest over a hour or so if you cannot face eating it all at once.

2. Get into a routine of doing things no matter how mundane that may be. 

This gives a sense of purpose and distracts.

Listen to music, the radio etc.

3. Inhale for 3 into the stomach. Exhale for 3. This does work and exercises your lungs too.

​4. Try some exercises. Walk up and down the hall several times or go up and down stairs or just  walk from room to room to stimulate the production of endorphins.

Ring the Samaritans just to get to talk thru your feelings. Freephone no is. 116123.

Good luck.

​Take care. You will be ok.

• Posted

Hi, no im not taking any medication however i have got Kalms in. And I have only really taken one lot not even every day so not seen much benefits from them. Thank you so much! I shall try all of this. Whenever I'm getting somewhere I end up giving up and going back to square one. Find it hard and frustrating. Thank you for the tips I shall give them a go.

Hope your ok too

• Posted

Hi again I know what you mean. I am afraid of trying things in case they do not work but with this sort of condition which sounds like anxiety and agoraphobia then I was advised to try to alter my mindset in the ways previously described. You may not notice a big difference immediately but they do work. I am unsure of Kalms. Personally I would steer clear of taking them, keep things simple. I find a nice drink of hot milk helps to relkax me and get me off to sleep.

Also magnesium helps.

Have u had a full thyroid screening done or been checked for anaemia?

• Posted

I've had 2 sets of counselling and the first time helped loads and then the second time round not so much. Its just trying to get in the right frame of mind and trying to see the bigger picture kinda thing and keeping up with what helps me is the problem. I give up so easily.

I was on iron tablets when I had my little boy, that was nearly 3 years ago now. Not had a thyroid screening either. Why do you ask?

Thanks again for the tips to help me relax, it's really appreciated smile

• Posted

You are welcome. Sometimes a different counsellor is a good idea. All have different approaches and personalities comes into it as well. I suggest shopping around for one that you like.

Staying calm.

Relaxation tapes.

Yoga

​Distraction and focusing on what you are doing. For example if washing the dishes just focus on the task do it slowly, absorb yourself in it to distract and reset your brain. mind to positive thoughts keeping the negative ones away.

The brain can recuperate and start producing those endorphins again , just takes some time!!

• Posted

Hi again Rebecca

Sorry forgot to explain about the thyroid screening. Thyroid disorders can make you feel like this as well. There is thyroid uk where they explain this in great detail.

Anaemia. This can cause anxiety and depression and tiredness too.

Might be worth getting these tests done. If GP refuses can get them done privately but you will have to pay!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.