really struggling

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had depersonalization today which is the scariest thing ive had from this extreme anxiety i was feeling depressed because of my constant thoughts about dying now everything seems unreal because of it, can anyone recommend a medication that may help me im going to ask my doctor tommorow

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I take citalopram and it helps. My sister in law takes Zoloft and it helps her. Follow you GP recommendation hopefully you will get on the right one the first time.
  • Posted

Hi Megan hope that you can get some help from your GP let us no how you get on I take citalpram and also don't diazepam as needed they do help but I also waiting for CBT as my GP said it will really help my Health anxiety the medication takes the edge of for me wasn't happy to go on the meds but I glad I have now get some relief I also go walk every day take care

• Posted

Hey Megan I'm not on any medication at the moment but I just wanted you to know I feel the same, I'm constantly worried about dying, weathers it's by my heart, lunges, throat or brain, I had episodes last week where I felt as if I wasn't really here. Like I was in a dream. I've seen a homeopath to try help me before I go in med because I've heard some cab have bad side effects. CBT is suppose to be very good also xx

• Posted

Hi zoe thanks for replying i feel the same way its horrible to constantly be in fear it really does make everything seem unreal. ive heard that too. x
  • Posted

Hi Megan, I'm 52 and I have dealt with this for many years. way back I would have such bad panic and thought I was dying I would end up in er. However, 20+ yrs still here. God has his plan. It's such a hard thing to deal with. I'm now starting to repeat the cycle to were every few days I feel scared and worried about something happening. I can't give good advise cause if I could I would have overcome this my now. I know when your body and mind starts to feel things you go into a panic mode. I can say to you seek medical help and try meds. It did help me a lot. I go to new doctor next month so I hope he has the magic cure. I feel so alone at times with this. Finding this site really helps. The people on here care and give some great tips and advise. And most of all support. Cause that is what we need others who are or have these issues. Best of luck to you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.