Really struggling on Zoloft

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I've posted recently and am back again today because I'm at my wits end. I've started Zoloft 5 days ago and it's not going so well. I have always thought my tolerance to pain or anything unpleasant with my health was high. Doesn't seem to be on these pills. I feel HORRIBLE! Trying to contact my dr is like trying to call the pope! I've called, emailed and nothing. I'm here to ask if anyone has side effects as I do? My body is on total high alert, very jittery, nauseated, headaches some time, dizzy, short of breath, loss of appetite big time. This is supposed to help with anxiety but seems it's amped it up 100%. I'd really appreciate some feedback and maybe some assurance I have to endure this a bit longer.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hello, yes i have every side effect you listed, the first 2 weeks are horrible just stick with it and it will get better I’m on my 10th day and still having lots of side-effects but they are slowly decreasing stay strong it will be worth it in the end

• Posted

hi Curtiss. Thanks for replying. hard to understand why we have to go through this. I am trying hard to be strong. Thanks again.

• Posted

yeah its so annoying! looks like we're in the same boat but will get through it, i believe it takes the body around 2 weeks to get used to the medication and a further 2 weeks to feel the full effect, hope all goes well for you

• Posted

you are a bit ahead of me on the med. Would you mind checking back in to let me know when you feel better?Thanks.

• Posted

I apologize for continuing with this but can you tell me what dosage you started on? I am on 25mg for 7 days then supposed to go up to 50mg. I was able to talk to my pharmacist (she's great) and she suggested that maybe I should continue with the 25mg for a few more days. Any thoughts on that?

• Posted

Hi, yeah if 25mg is working and helping you i would suggest staying on that as it only gets better the longer you take it, if after a while you feel you could do with a higher dose talk the doctor about it, im on 50mg at the moment the doctor didn't give me options on doses, i might asked to go higher on my 30 day review and yes ill let you know when my symptoms have fully gone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.