Really struggling to overcome painful memories of when I was hurt by old "friends"?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys

I hope all is well.

I am a 26 year old guy who is really finding it hard to get past haunting memories of when I was badly treated by old friends at school for many years.

Even though I have grown up now and am aware of the world's cruelties any time I remember being made fun of or being ridiculed it makes me crumble inside and feel alone.

Is there a way to overcome these issues without medication as I get terrible side effects and am already diabetic and taking blood thinners?

Thanks for your advice.

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi I wonder if it isn't that you were bullied so much as why you let it happen for so long which is really the issue here.  If so tell yourself it was a long time ago and no one would be able to do that to you  now as you have learnt to cope with abuse and how you do it.  You have learnt from past experience which is the main thing.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.