Really struggling today

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm really having a hard time with health anxiety today.

I had some blood in my stool a while back, but I had a colonosocopy and everything came up clear. I had blood in my stool again yesterday, but I know it's likely just harmless hemroids, but I cant stop freaking out.

I also thought I had a blood clot last week because of pain in my calf, went to the ER, they cleared me, but I still freak out anytime I get pain there.

Anyone want to give me some reassurance? I should be trusting my doctors, but my mind wont let me.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's quite normal to get blood in stool.. Happens in my family quite a lot.. If you're suffering from constipation, (which I do caused by stress) you can get blood in your stool).. It can scratch the inside of your anal. Try not to worry, you've been all cleared and I highly doubt there is anything wrong, as you are also extremely young. Try and look at more rational reasons of why it might be, just look I explained you could be under stress, which is causes constipation. Make sure that it's actually blood and not in your imagination, and try and trust what the doctors have said to you!
  • Posted

Hey jp, ik how you're feeling. Blood in the stool happens a lot to ppl. For the calves, I get those pains too. I thought it was due to some sorta blockage in my arteries because that's what Google told me but it's not or else I wouldn't be here. It's most likely just muscle. Just try to stay calm and don't let anxiety beat you. Hang in there.
  • Posted

I have realised when we get stressed/anxious/depressed and I get all of these our minds work overtime e being completely irrational whilst one part of the brain tells you you are not and the fear factor of the irrational takes over because fear is such a strong and destructive emotion and it feels like a living hell Im not trying to frighten you my lovely in any way shape or form I want you to know it IS a real illness we can get help and it can get better and I believe only those that go through it understands totally what another is going through when going through this. do you have support from family my lovely? Heres me pot ....kettle... black but I like thousands when we have our good moments can see whats going on but its still dammed hard. keep on this page my love and try and find support I have just plucked up the courage to book an appointment I will also be enquiring into cbt which is cognitive behavioral therapy this is when you can learn to change your thinking and behavioral pattern. I am fifty three and had this most of my life please seek the help now as it can waste valuable time when you should be enjoying life xx
  • Posted

Hi jp sorry your freaking out I can't offer much help cause I'm freaking out over my health anxiety at the moment as well it's such a terrible illness to suffer from isn't it 😖
  • Posted

Hey jp, I have been constantly struggling with anxiety everyday. Constipation everyday because of the stress. Try to relax. Drink lots of fluids like water. The pain in your leg is caused by your anxiety. I get this pain all the time. Anxiety will have your whole body aching. If you have been cleared by the hospital then you should not worry. Its the hospital with all the major equipment they need to find out any problems if there were something serious they probably would have kept you. I have been trying a anxiety app on my phone and guess what it helps. There are a lot of them on the Google play store. It teaches how to breathe,focus and relax and also I downloaded soundscapes which let's me here the ocean or a quiet storm. Remember stop stressing I'm not saying I am over the anxiety but it's one day at a time. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.