Really struggling today myself

Posted , 3 users are following.

Having a really bad day and need to write down/vent. It is now almost 2 weeks since I last had any form of contact with my Bipolar partner and I am missing him like crazy (excuse the pun). He has been in contact with his family and I know he has contacted one of his closest friends and chatted with them. I hear he is doing well and his meds are now kicking in and helping lift his mood from where it was. I am hurt, angry, frustrated and hurt some more as to why he has not contacted me yet :-(.

I know I have asked this before but is this a normal thing to do by cutting someone you are romantically (or supposedly) involved with off like that and why is he doing this to me?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Maybe he needs time to get his life back together..

It will take time for him and his body to adjust to his meds.

How long were you together?

Why are you apart?

My advice would be give him time, but carry on with your own life.

If he feels the same he will contact you. X

• Posted

We've been together 5 months now and he just said he needed space to get through this depressive period, no real explanation. It hurts like mad that he won't speak to me. Just want to know how he is doing and tell him how much I love him
    • Posted

Depression does make people want their own space, they feel that they don't want to hurt you.

A true example, my friend has cancer and is going to hospital as I think it has progressed further and I am told don't come with me as I don't want you hurt.

Needless to say I am going with my friend..

Depression makes you that way too.

.So maybe he is feeling that way and feells he would drag you down.

Possible? X

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for that. I hadn't thought of it like that in all honesty. I know he has said to his friend when they spoke last week (which hurt me like a thousand knives into my heart that he called her and not me) that he would speak to me when he was sorted and he didn't want to hurt me. I just hope he's not having thoughts of ending it between us as I really do love him and want to be there for him. His bipolar is only a part of him just as any other illness is to anyone else. I just miss the chatting between the two of us on a daily basis and seeing him when we could.

• Posted

YES!!!!!

I do this a lot.

My personality is agree with everythign untill i'm frustrated enough to bite, then I go like a small dog into the corner and don't respond to anything / anyone. ie a switch says RIGHT, THATS IT I"M GONE< im="">< ive="" lost="">< relationship is over etc etc,.

maybe the switch is some sort of list of friends / partners and it unticks or disconnects the feelings for them.

time seems to be the thing, and also some trigger that allows my switch to go back to hey, i can talk to them, they haven't dissappeared.

i broke up with fiencee after a particulay bad episode. i could not look them in the eye even.

going back to tribal thoughts, maybe the first ancient explorers had to cut off all ties else they would have never got out of the cave and gone into another country, and we still have it here but it doesn't have any use now.

~~

so i think i'm bipolar. hmm. self diagnosis of australian via uk forum .. can't do better that that smile relationship="" is="" over="" etc="" etc,.="" maybe="" the="" switch="" is="" some="" sort="" of="" list="" of="" friends="" partners="" and="" it="" unticks="" or="" disconnects="" the="" feelings="" for="" them.="" time="" seems="" to="" be="" the="" thing,="" and="" also="" some="" trigger="" that="" allows="" my="" switch="" to="" go="" back="" to="" hey,="" i="" can="" talk="" to="" them,="" they="" haven't="" dissappeared.="" i="" broke="" up="" with="" fiencee="" after="" a="" particulay="" bad="" episode.="" i="" could="" not="" look="" them="" in="" the="" eye="" even.="" going="" back="" to="" tribal="" thoughts,="" maybe="" the="" first="" ancient="" explorers="" had="" to="" cut="" off="" all="" ties="" else="" they="" would="" have="" never="" got="" out="" of="" the="" cave="" and="" gone="" into="" another="" country,="" and="" we="" still="" have="" it="" here="" but="" it="" doesn't="" have="" any="" use="" now.="" ~~="" so="" i="" think="" i'm="" bipolar.="" hmm.="" self="" diagnosis="" of="" australian="" via="" uk="" forum="" ..="" can't="" do="" better="" that="" that="">

maybe the switch is some sort of list of friends / partners and it unticks or disconnects the feelings for them.

time seems to be the thing, and also some trigger that allows my switch to go back to hey, i can talk to them, they haven't dissappeared.

i broke up with fiencee after a particulay bad episode. i could not look them in the eye even.

going back to tribal thoughts, maybe the first ancient explorers had to cut off all ties else they would have never got out of the cave and gone into another country, and we still have it here but it doesn't have any use now.

~~

so i think i'm bipolar. hmm. self diagnosis of australian via uk forum .. can't do better that that smile>

• Posted

Hey self diagnosing is not a good idea.

If you think you have bipolar you will need meds etc.

Please see your GP.

Where are you -- Australia? X

• Posted

Thanx linda!

heh, I'm in Australia but I think i'm in UK. Can't get more bipolar that that smile

Seriously, got a psych appointment on 15th and will be giving them a summary of some of the points I've made on the forum so we will see how I go.

Hopefully before then I'll have had a health checkup and got a new place to live! so all good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.