Really stubborn Plantars Wart!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’ve had a plantars wart for many years now and can’t seem to get rid of it. I’ve been going to a  podiatrist off and on for years now dealing with it. I’ve been going religiously the past year every two weeks. So far they’ve tried cantharone, cantharone plus to the point that my foot blistered up really really bad, as well as some special acid I bought from a company in Florida for in between treatments, and the latest was getting it Lasered..... TWICE!!! About a month apart. The wart went from the size a little bigger then a quarter to the area the size of a dime (although the dime size wasn’t directly hit with the laser the second time. The second time was to get rid of other areas of the wart). Although since the laser treatment was so recent the whole area is still healing from that. I don’t know what else to do. The podiatrist pretty much said he did all he can do and to see a dermatologist (he told me there are other stronger options out there that are used on things as sever as cancer and a dermatologist would be the one to talk to about it), or we can also try hitting it with the laser again. He also said there’s a procedure he’s tried only 3 times, and it has worked all 3 times, and that is to get a small plug from the wart and inserting it into another part of my foot. That should trigger my immune system into seeing it as a foreign object and attacking it, as well as the rest of the wart on that foot. A little scared of this option since if it doesn’t work I now have a second wart on my foot. Anyone have any other ideas. This thing is pretty stubborn and seeing that I used some pretty wicked stuff on this sucker I don’t think the old duct tape method or other home remedies will help. But I’m up for any options. Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.