Really tired

Posted , 13 users are following.

does anoyone. Find they get really tired? I am in peri menopause age 51 and find if every couple of days I am hit with exhaustion so much that I can sleep for hours in the day. I feel constantly tired and never seem to have much energy. Does anyone else find this and have any ideas to help!

4 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Omg the fatigue ! I had a night out Saturday home by 10.30 and the next day could have gone to bed at 4.30pm! My social life is over and even  when I get lots of sleep I still can’t get out of bed for like 4 hours.

The BHRT has helped a little with that but nothing major so switching to HRT . This is no life for us ! 20% of women suffer badly with menopause . I’d take irritability and hot flashes any day over the fatigue panic dizziness and general feeling like you’re going crazy losing your mind ! 

• Posted

Oh my goodness, you described me!! It is terrible being so exhausted all the time! I've almost fallen asleep driving during the day. I've never been like this before. I'm 52 years old. I take vitamins, drink water, exercise, am on thyroid meds but nothing works. I could sleep all day. I'm with you on this symptom.

• Posted

I am going to turn 47 in September and I feel exactly what you are going through.  Drink lots of water and take multi vitamin every morning ❣️
  • Posted

Yup x tis me 

I had to take a nana nap on Saturday - my part days are way over and I’m only 47 😢

• Posted

Yes me to! It hit me 2 Saturdays ago and I had plenty of sleep so couldn't understand why was so tired and exhausted and couldn't be bothered to even speak let alone anything else so I looked it up and said fatigue, I thought oh no not something else! It's the symptom I most dread now. For a week after prob 2 I just felt like a slug. I also felt really low to with it so don't no if fatigue does that to your mood or if it was depression to but I am due to try HRT soon and am quite nervous about it .At the moment am just taking Menopace but don't seem to be helping much.

• Posted

I have this problem too, feel drained and exhausted, can fall asleep in seconds. Luckily it's not everyday as I have so much responsibilities at my job.

so I know the feeling. 

• Posted

Yes.  And I wish I could help.  Sometimes mine will last a week or so and then lift for a couple of weeks.!
  • Posted

Yesterday and today I've gotten out of bed exhausted and spent the day weak and yawning. I'd gladly spend day In bed. Now anxiety kicking in and I've convinced myself I'm dying AGAIN!!! So fed up with this. I'm 47 a mother of 5. I literally don't have time for this!

• Posted

Hi maria.  I feel like you.  I don’t have time for this! I’m 46.  And I feel so guilty when I do lay down.  My husband has so much energy all the time.  Golfing, fishing, yard work.  I can barely keep up with laundry and dishes!
  • Posted

Yes Ruth sometimes it’s an over whelming tiredness that comes on suddenly and won’t let up until I do actually sleep.  It too will pass I promise, it s like phases of different symptoms with many at the same time.  What a journey it is but stay strong and keep talking on here 💖

• Posted

How long did it last for you ? This extreme lethargy has been  going on 2 months for me and been on the BHRT 3 weeks and not helping . 
  • Posted

Yes.. I go thru spurts.  Mostly I have to push myself to do something otherwise I find myself just laying around mostly.  When extreme fatigue hits, I'm sleeping a lot more!

• Posted

For me it's EVERYDAY!  It's summer so the kids are home so I'm normally up by 7am and EXHAUSTED by noon! And I even started taking a "pick me up" diet med.   Again, by noon my body is shutting down.  I tried to regulate my sleep and take a 1 hour nap, but nope.  I need at least 3 hours.  I can't believe women live like this!  Neither my mother or grandmother seemed to have symptoms so they look at me like I'm crazy... but I'm not.  This is really happening to me!  My Dr.'s all seem to feel like this is a go with the flow kind of problem... yes, pun intended.  Like it's all just natural.  But I don't FEEL natural.  I'm losing my mind!

• Posted

I hear you on the kids being home for summer.  Mine are 14 and 16 but still they are still coming and going.  Today being Saturday I'm exhausted so I'm getting to bed early!!  It's sad for a Saturday night but my body needs extra rest.  Sometimes I think it's my relationship with spouse is somewhat mentally draining OR maybe it's me just wanting more alone time and dreaming about my retirement years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.