Really worried.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am having an x ray of my right shoulder on monday and an endoscopy on Tuesday and an abdominal ultrasound on the 14th. It all started at the end of October after a night out, i was up all night being and feeling sick. Over the weeks i had random stomach pains in the middle of my stomach, random nausea, face flushing after food, burping after eating, acid relux,feeling of food stuck, a constant right sided back/shoulder dicomfort (feels stiff),sharp pains in my right side of neck, occasional right side flank pain, night sweats. All my bloods were fine, not losing weight. Any ideas??

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Dianne I do hope that all your tests prove negative has any one mentioned gall stones? this condition can effect your back/shoulder/neck and is a pig of a pain but can be treated. Hopefully threy will find some thing and not just fob you off with "it could be IBS" their answer to many problems even when it's not IBS. Wishing you well and hope every thing goes according to plan. KT47
  • Posted

Yes KT47 i think that's what the utrasound is for checking my gallbladder.
    • Posted

Hi Dianne

I had the same symtoms as yourself

Severe shoulder blade pain going into my jaw also reflux feeling full after meal etc

I have had endoscopy every year because of the excess acid in my stomach which can cause more Hutus hernias which I already have one also polops in the gallbladder can cause this pains as well don't be worried and get the tests done it's not cancer if that's whatyear thinking as they are different symtoms than what you have

An endoscopy ie really easy I have had 10 all without sedation your in for 2 mins then it's over

Good luck and keep us up to date with your results

Kev

• Posted

Thanks kevin30685, yes thats what i have been thinking the big c. I had an endoscopy 6 yrs ago without sedation and only mild gastritis was found. Never had these symptoms though x
  • Posted

Hi Dianne,

I think with the tests they are giving you - they are covering most obvious bases! The X ray will show any bone damage/problems, endoscopy will see any reflux/ gallstone/ hernia or ulcer problems and the ultrasound - I presume will be for anything else they can't see that would point to your illness. I think it's good they are trying to get to the bottom of it.

Good luck - and let me know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.