Really worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. Male 38. For the past 6 weeks I have been experiencing pain in my abdomen and back. It is really worrying me sick. It all started with pain on my right side under rib cage that would wrap around into my back. I have had these pains before over the last couple of years. They usually last for a week or 2 and then disappear. This time though, they have stayed. The pains have moved into my mid to upper back. I have also had chest pains on the right. The last couple of weeks, I have noticed that the pain has moved over to the left ribs. This is more of a niggle than a pain. Probably 2 out of 10. My live function tests have been a little high for2 years. ALT hovers around 60 to 70. Had an ultrasound 2 years ago that showed fatty liver so I put the pains down to this. Over the last couple of weeks, I became more concerned. I went to the docs and told her of my symptoms. She sent me for bloods and a ultrasound scan. Bloods came back fine, apart from ALT of 71. Paid for a private us scan. No issues found but could not see pancreas. The consultant who done the us said that she would send me for a ct so that the pancreas could be seen. I paid for this privately so that I could get it done quicker. The ct was done with contrast. Got the results the very next day. All clear. This was a massive relief as I thought I had pancreatic cancer. I still do to be honest. Over the last couple of days, I have been feeling a bit weak. I don't know if it's just anxiety making me feel week and light headed or there is something more going on.

Have any of you had these symptoms. Of so, what did it turn out to be?

Really really worried here. ??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If it's reassuring, pancreatic c would not have gone on this long with symptoms.  Within several months it's apparently very obvious so the fact you've had symptoms much longer than this should put your mind at ease.  Also an ultrasound/ct should highlight anything big enough causing discomfort from pancreas so should be incredibly reassuring its unlikely to be that.   You should still keep at finding out what is causing it and follow Drs recommendations. You may find it's something irritating that may require meds to treat it, again it may just clear up by itself but while you have symptoms it seems prudent to narrow down what is causing it.  Have reassurance you've felt this before and it cleared up before.

Anxiety probably makes things 10x worse than they actually are, the brain is pretty impressive at doing this.  Have you tried changing your diet?  E.g. avoid spicey stuff, lactose, coffee, gas producing items & eating peppermint capsules.  If it's intestines related this may help.  Again only way to be sure it is diet related is to track your food and it does take weeks to be a noticable change.  I used mysymptoms ios app which was incredibly helpful but I expect pen and paper will do too.  I also started eating those acidopholyis tablets that break down lactose, they aren't cheap but guessing it's worth a try.  So relax and just work the problem if you are still in discomfort. 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. It's nice to be able to talk to someone about this. I'm really worried here. I have managed to put a couple of punt back on over the last week or so. I just feel really weak and light headed. Almost like I need to eat to get some energy. I have a gastro appointment next week.

• Posted

Your syptoms and experience are similiar to that of mine. Nothing came up on any tests (i did exact same as you as well as the gall bladder funtion test)

I still suspect my pancreas but at the moment I am not going to the doctor. My pain comes and goes but I have found diet to be the largest game changer.

I stopped drinking alcohol.

No coffee.

Eating yogurt and other probiotics like kefir

Try some different dietary things and see what happens.

• Posted

Hi 2zac. Dos you have any deranged liver tests like me. My ALT levels are slightly raised. Always thought pain was from fatty liver that was found in a us scan.
  • Posted

Getting really worried again. Pain was intense in my back last night after eating my dinner. Almost like a burning/pressure feeling that went through to my chest and epigastric area. Constant burping also. Had this symptom for a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.