Really worried about new symptom

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I was diagnosed with crohn's 6 years ago and have been incredibly lucky as I've been in remission for the majority of that with only minor flare ups.

Recently I've noticed my symptoms have flared up but I felt I could deal with them until my check up at the end of March. However over the last week I've been woken up every night with unbearable cramps along with diarrhoea. I am also having cramps every time I eat anything. They start within a few minutes of eating and continue until I stop so I'm barely able to eat anything at the moment. It feels a bit like someone is squeezing all my insides to the point where I'm sitting here in tears. I've been trying to get my appointment moved sooner and luckily it's been moved to a week's time but I'm really scared about this new pain as it's never been this bad before. Has anyone experienced similar issues and what did it turn out to be? It just doesn't feel like my usual flare ups.

Thanks for your help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary please don't worry about the pains the cramps and the other

symptoms I looks like your having a bad flair up have you tryed

buscopan tablets or mebeverine tablets there really good for the cramp

pains have you been given asacol tablets for the crohns as they help to try keep the flair up at bay I had a really bad flair up two years ago and I

lost 6 stone in 3 months are you getting the jelly stuff coming out to

I also get really bad sickness I get no worning that am going to be sick

it just comes up quite violently hope this help you good luck as I know

how sore the pains are there worse than having a baby if you need to talk or ask anything I be here if I can help also watch for blood coming from

your bowels good luck Susan x

• Posted

Hi, Yes, my Crohns used to flare up like that. Have you tried eating baby food? Sounds daft but it was the only thing I could tolerate during a flare up. If the pain gets too bad and you feel it's too much to bear go to A&E. When mine was at it's worst I was admitted every couple of months. My consultant said just to come in so they could moniter things, they worry about a perforated bowel so it's best to be safe.
  • Posted

Hi Mary yes I have it sound like a very bad flair up ask your doctor if he can give you steriod tablets just a week course.I had a really bad one two years ago and I lost 6 stone in 3 months no one really understand the

pains can get that bad until they have it I got two grown up kids now and

I rather have a another baby that that pain its that bad good luck for your doc appointment hope it all goes well I also notice when I got a flair up

I get a horrible taste in my mouth and no matter what I try I didn't go

away all the best Susan xx

• Posted

If the pain is getting unbearable go to a&e, your symptoms sound very similar to mine i had a narrowing in the small bowel and hardly anything could pass through, only thing that relieved the pain was to liquidize everthing, they ended up operating in the end and i have been ok untill recently when i have started having flare ups again, good luck and if pain persists get to a&e.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.