Really worried about pain in my back

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

Since my last post I have had no alcohol for about two weeks, but what is really worrying me now is that I have been getting a stabbing pain in my back at the right side below my ribs and this sometimes comes through to the front,  It is not a constant pain but comes and goes,  I was wondering if it could be due to inflamation in my liver or something more sinister?  I also have went at the exercising a bit too hard (Kettlebells, sit ups etc), and was wondering if I've pulled a muscle, but surely this would be a constant pain?  The only other thing I can think of is wind as when I pass wind it seems to ease (sorry for that picture!!).  I also have changed my diet quite a bit.  Does Liver inflamation or Cirrhosis cause a constant pain or can it be occasional and stabbing like this?  Any help and information would be greatly appreciated as I am really worried taht there is serious damage to my liver.  Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Mark. I’m new to this forum so not too sure of your back ground but wondering how you are travelling and if you have had further testing. Im also having pain in this area. Ive been a heavy drinker and stopped a week ago. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.