Really worried - constant headache for 4 months, please help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone, I'm wondering whether there is anyone who's going through the same. Just looking for reassurance. I've been suffering with anxiety since mid July, since then I have gone through all physical symptoms you can think of. It's all gone now apart from the headache. It's there every day, every night. It's mostly located on top right side of my head, sometimes moves around. It's. It's not very strong, mostly just a mild annoying feeling. Throughout the 4 months I only took painkillers once or twice. Having said that, they didn't make any difference. The doctor says it must be anxiety or muscular pain but sometimes I just can't help but worry. I don't think a day has gone by without me thinking I have a brain tumor. I'm getting really tired of this :-( I have had blood tests done as well as eye test. All came back ok. Does anyone know if it was a brain tumor would an optitian be able to see some changes in my eyes? Like nerve pressure or anything else at all?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dealt with this for 3 years. Go see an ENT and get a cat scan of your sinus cavity. It sounds like you have Sphenoid sinusitis or a severe sinus infection.

I had every test done and everything came back normal.

I hope this helps!

• Posted

i have the same.  Go get a cat scan of your sinus and if clear then get an mri of your head to rule out anything else....alot of people in this group have the same symptoms, it is very strange how we all have it....good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Aleksandra,

As you have been worrying a lot this is most probably the cause of your headache, but as its been going on for so long, to put your mind at absolute rest, ask your dr for an MRI scan to rule out anything that might be sinister.  My dad had an eye test and they could see somthing was wrong with his brain, but he needed an MRI to confirm.  So, in your case as you had a good eye test almost certainly nothing bad going on, but just to be sure ask for that MRI and then you can finally rest easy ok.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

• Posted

Without a shadow of a doubt ,an optician would pick up anything at drop of a hat . More you stress ,worse symptoms stay put . Have your sinuses checked out . Ears at same time . Get in to see ENT . Painkillers will keep u headaches there ,brain asking for water , so up water intake daily ,headaches are the brain tightening up hence the water ( water is Brains food ) Cranial Osteopath told me this . Hope you can get help ,but do the water intake just see if headaches lessen . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.