Really worried now

Posted , 5 users are following.

Need some help here. I first went to gp in oct with dull ache like period  pain. pain in right groin and stabbing stitch like pain on right side that felt likeit was in my hip. He did an internal and said he thought i prob had a cyst. I had CA 125 done which was normal also had a ultrasound scan which was normal except she said she could not see my right ovary. So the consultant she could not feel anything and said prob nothing there and said i was constipated take a laxative. also reccomended having linseed on my breakfast. The letter she wrote to my gp said it was more likely my bowels I did not aggree with the decision as i knew i was not constipated. sometimes it was the other way or totally normal for me anyway. Soo i dont go back to dr until 3 weeks ago because the pains were getting worse and seeming to be spreading onto my left as well. Both my hips are sore stiff even. and both groins and still a nagging pain on my right side into my back. A diff gp this time she did more bloods for imfamation and said she did not think it had anything to do with my bowels. and sent me for a hip xray. so bloods come back normal as did xray. Not my hips. Back to gp today saw my first gp this time. He wants me to go for a colonoscopy as he says its prob my bowels. I am really scared now of having this done. I still feel that it is a cyst and thought he may suggest an internal scan this time. I had a hysterectomy 3 yrs ago and i am 53. Any suggestions anyone.  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cathy it does sound like a cyst or fibroid I would say listen it's not my bowls and I want a internal scan please you have the right am sure to ask for one.I had a full hysterectomy in September because of the horrible pain like you have mentioned and it was a good job because the big cyst on my left ovary was borderline cancer.Did you just have part hysterectomy leaving your ovaries.Why did you have to have one xxxx
    • Posted

I had a hysterectomy but kept my ovaries. and i had fibroids they tried embolization first which did not work, then consultant said they wanted to try something else i just said i want it all out fed up off being mucked about. But now its all started again fobbed off and shoved from pillar to post. I really do not think it is a bowel problem no blood no mucus no pain before after during a movement. No one seems to listen to me. i used to get a pain on my right side when ovulating in my ovary and the pain is so simular to that. My gp felt it in oct now changed his mind. sad
  • Posted

I would demand an internal scan b4 anything else .. you have every right ..sound's like cyst to me ..I'm only just getting somewhere after 13 years of different tests. I've had cameras up twice and down twice ..barium meals the lot ..then after re locating I had a laproscopy back in 2012 fobbed of and now ready to have another on the 20th of April next Monday. . I have a dermoid cyst and possible endometriosis. . But been fobbed of for so long doctors telling me it was ibs ..clearly it's not good luck
    • Posted

I will go to see the consultant about the colonoscopy hopefully he will say its not neccessary. But i shall tell him i am not happy and would rathr they did an internal scan or mri scan to rule out anything else first. Then if its not sorted go for the colonoscopy. But the thought of that is scaring me. 
  • Posted

Cathy, reading your post is like reading my own story!

My pain started in December, on my left side, exactly like the pain you have described, except i got severe pain with activity or prolonged standing. It has since progressed to both sides.

I too had a CA125 which came back normal and an u/s including an internal which came back normal, although neither ovary was seen on each ultrasound - i was told this too was normal. My gynae told me it was IBS and to take some tablets and I'd be better in a week - guess what 6 weeks later and I'm still in agony, I am only 25, unable to work because of the pain and have had to postpone a working holiday to New Zealand because of this! After 3 weeks on colpermin, i was no better, I had added more fibre to my diet - no change. I got a letter off my gynae telling me I need to ensure I am emptying my bowels once a day (no problem in that department and I was confused about where this had come from!) I went back to my GP.

I have an appt in a week to see a physiotherapist as my GP thinks it could be a mechanical issue, although I am not convinced, I think I would benefit from a colonoscopy.

Has your pain got worse over time?

My advice would be keep a food diary and note if/when your pain gets worse, and take it to a GP.

Do you have a slight swelling/lump where the pain is? I have a larger one on my left side, next to my hip and going down slightly and a small lump by my right hip. My GP says it is unpassed stool, although it has been there since christmas, and doesnt go down after a bowel movement.

Please keep me updated, I'd love to know how you get on!

Vicki

• Posted

Poor u. Yes it has deff got worse not just a dull ache on my right side anymore since xmas it has spread to the left around my back and both my hips. Seems ok in bed at night but i get up and half hr later its  back again. I go to the loo just about everyday. I am convinced its not food or bowel related. I work in Lidl so have a quite strenuous job and some days by the time i get home i am in bits all around my pelvic area. I cannot feel any lumps in my tummy but my tummy is tender if i push to hard. So frustrated we have my sons wedding in Mexico in a month but its hard to look forward to it with this going on sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.