Really Worried, stomach infection?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Around 2 weeks ago, I got food poising and  diarrhea for aorund 2 days which resolved before I got treatment. Four days ago I started getting nausea and throwing up everything i ate or drank. I started a metronidazol treatment with another antibiotic called Cefuroxime. the second day i didn't eat a lot, but i didn't throw up. During the nights I feel worse, with strong nausea and difficulty sleeping. Today I've barely eaten, taking it slow, yet I just threw up everything undigested. I'm not sure if it's a bacterial infection like doctors suggested or acid reflux or parastes, but I'm really worried. Ive barely eaten anything and antibiotics haven't seemed to be working.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

To find out if the antibiotics have worked, you will need to finish the course you were given.  The other possibility is that you are reacting to the medication.  Check on the patient leaflet to see if the symptoms you are having are listed. If they are, see you doctor to change the antibiotics.

Acid reflux can make you mildly nauseous but antacids would get rid of this.  I have acid reflux and I don't get the symptoms you describe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.