reason for ectopic beats? tight chest and feeling weak/lighheaded

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all

just wondering what could be the reason for my continuing ectopic beats when my ECG's and a 6 day holter monitor come back ok? (well all the doctor sais was was "sinus rhythm detected" what ever that means.

i am plage with ectopics, not a lot about 5-20 a day....but when i have them theres a thud in my chest and i feel weak, lighheaded and my chest feels wierd like tight/sore after the thud...

what can cause this? i dont drink much caffine, i sleep ok, i though my anxiety was under control (i dont feel anxious or stressed or anything)

its really annoying? takes my breath away

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You've been asking this question for months and until you accept that your problems are caused by your brain, not your heart, you're never going to recover!

I'm sure your doctor has told you this but your problems are caused by adrenaline and until you stop overreacting to every little thump in your heart, you're not going to stop the adrenaline rushes that causes them.

How many ectopic beats have you had and how many of them have killed you?...there's your evidence right there that there's nothing wrong with your heart!

• Posted

I know it is hard to sometimes accept explaination for things when it is not the answer you want it to be.....on the other hand be thankful there is nothing wrong with your heart.....I had the same problems & I understand how scary these symptoms can be.....   Try to find  a book on meditation & learn deep breathing.  If possible talk to a professional person.    I take it you were full examined by your doctor & heart issues were ruled out..  Was your thyroid tested?  If you had everything checked out then try to relax.
  • Posted

thanks all.,...yes i have come to terms that i get ectopics but i just dont know why....and i just wanted to know is it normal to have chest discomfort after, like a tight chest, and achy chest and feeling weak and lightheaded?
    • Posted

It's your reaction to the palps that is causing the other symptoms. You need to learn to just ignore them and they'll go away! You've had every test possible. There's nothing wrong with your heart!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.