Reason for headache?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So 5 days ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with an excruciating headache. That day, it quickly turned into serious forehead pain, eye brow pain, and ear pain... followed by an annoying headache. I was prescribed amoxicillin for a sinus infection (which I am prone to).... here is my question, it's now day 4 on antibiotics (my sinus pain is 100% gone... I can even bend over with no pressure/pain) BUT my headache is still very dull and present (about a 1/10 in pain).... but it's just annoying that I can still feel it's presence. I have also been getting a little more and more tired each day. Do you think the doctor should have also prescribed me a steroid for my headache? Will my headache resolve itself IF the antibiotics kill the bacterial infection?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Can totally feel your pain. Have had the very same problem for a few weeks now. Have tried almost every cure I've found on the web and never found anything that really helps. The headache is so bad I just have to go to bed early each night, and even then there's no let up, as I can't sleep very well. Ct sinus scan which showed nothing so We must all work on boosting immune systems so this doesn't happen again.

Seems like the only thing to do is let it run its course. Horrible, nasty illness

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.