Reason the Fibro I deal with is milder case

Posted , 4 users are following.

Even though back in 1999 when the emotional trauma HIT ME, my body went into a major rock shock, and was told FM is what I'm dealing with.

At that time I had been taking Grape Seed Extract or Pycnogenol for 4 yrs prior......Grape Seed Ex works on our whole circulatory system and keeps blood thinner and cleaner and could be why my issues are not as horrific as I hear some have talked over many years on another board I've been on.

Grape Seed Extract would give MORE ENERGY as blood is thinner and cleaner.

This is from a site I was reading on Grape Seed Ex and circulation and sticky blood, etc.

Grape seed extract is a powerful protector of your heart and general circulation. It favorably changes a number of metabolic signals toward reduced risk for cardiovascular disease. It is proven to act as a water-soluble antioxidant and helps lower key inflammatory signals such as CRP, IL6, and TNFa. It is also proven to act at the gene transcription level, helping clear cholesterol, reduce triglycerides, and directly helping the key inflammatory gene signal known as NF-kappaB. As far as GSE is concerned, the higher the dose the greater the protection.

GSE is one of the marvels of Mother Nature.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Joy, what a great help to hear this about GSE and honestly, what's to lose in giving it a go in the hope of lessening fibro symptoms. I would try it immediately if not for the fact I'm on prescribed blood thinners after a heart attack almost four months ago. I'd prefer to take a natural alternative but I think fear would prevent me  at the moment. But I can say that the blood thinning drugs have had a wonderful effect. For the first time in YEARS, having fibro and hereditary haemochromatosis, I feel as if my energy levels are almost normal. Going from total exhaustion by midday to being able to get through a day's work, cooking a meal in the evening and going to bed at a normal time (not 8.30pm as before) If this is what healthy blood oxygen levels can do for a body, I really would encourage people to try your suggestion. 
  • Posted

Very interesting. I think I'll check with my doctor this week when I see her if there could be anything against me trying it whilst still on the meds I'm on.  Thanks for the tip.
    • Posted

You'll probably get better guidance from your pharmacist....MD's just don't know and don't care about supplements...but I have to say some friends here in the U.S. have asked their MD's and the MD would say "Yes, take grape seed ex, I take it".....so some docs know and maybe most don't.

I don't take many drugs and I Know the grape seed ex is no issue in my life....only good results.

One has to get more energy from a blood thinner type medicine....but I prefer alternatives any day....

Serious issues are the exception of course, if I had heart issues I'd listen to my heart MD....but I don't...

• Posted

hi Joy

I've got my own mini grapevine....I harvested more than a freezer drawer full last year and have even more this year....exciting !!

Been making smoothies and eating straight from the vine. They are small raisin sized grapes ....a navy blue colour i would say so not green...prob as ripe as they can get...and not sweet but i like them !!

what i was wondering was whether the seeds should be pulverized for their beneficial effect? at mo they get a short whizz at part of a smoothie or i try to crunch them up when eating immed....couldn't face further prep....do you reckon that stomach acid is enough to expose the extract?

• Posted

Marey, keep crunching them up, pulverizing them , sounds like a lot of work....

I buy grapes on occasion and have some now but they are pretty high sugar so I eat in moderation....the seeds are the bitter best part of the grape and no more seeds in the markets....when Concords are in season and the season is short, they contain seeds and I love those grapes and they are pricey but I buy them.

The Muscadine grape has the highest resveratrol content so I buy a muscadine grape seed online but it's not extract and it comes in 500milligram caps. There is a region here in Calif where muscadine grapes are grown.

My grandma/pap who was from Italy had grapevines when I grew up...oh my foods were so good growing up..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.