Reassessment for PIP

Posted , 4 users are following.

My husband has been awarded PIP which expires the first week of Sep this year.

He was awarded by tribunal and I heard DWP will contact him a few months before the end date fir a fresh application.

I heard 18 weeks before but someone told me it is 12 weeks before.

I would like to know which is a right infomation Also I want to know if the dead line is one month from the date of the letter.

My husband needs my help for the application. I might need an operation around May so I want to avoid the time he has to make the application.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If Im not mistaken i think as it was awarded through a tribunal then they want contact you, i think you have to make a fresh claim if it was only awarded for one year, Denise will be on soon and will clarify this for both of us

• Posted

Hi,

DWP will contact him about 14 weeks before his award is due to end. He will then need to ring DWP and then they will send him another PIP2 form for a new application. Once he receives the form he'll have 1 month to return it, with all the evidence to support his claim. He can ring DWP for an extra 14 days to return it and they'll happily extend the time.

If a decision isn't made by the time is award is due to end then payments will stop. Once a decision is made, if successful then he'll be backdated to the date payments stopped.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks Denise i just couldn't remember exactly how it worked after a tribunal decision, its a whole new claim again isn't it

• Posted

You're welcome Alexandria. Yes, a new claim. Although all claims, even reviews should be treated by the claimant as a new claim. Never trust DWP or the health assessment providers to look back at your previous claim.

• Posted

Hi denise15811,

Thank you very much for the detailed reply.

It is really helpful.

• Posted

You're welcome. If help is needed to fill the form out then contact a local advice centre near you once you receive the forms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.