Reassurance

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!

I have been taking Zoloft for 4 weeks this coming Friday for anxiety! I was on 50mg for 2 weeks and 75mg for the last two weeks. I'm having more good days than bad, but so so tired! I used to take Zoloft and had to get up to 100mg before all the anxiety went away last time. Today was a good day until this afternoon. Anxiety spiked and now just feeling frustrated again. I just want to be back to normal and be able to do the things I love with my husband and daughter. It worked before and it will work again.... Why do I try to convince myself otherwise?! Positive feedback only please!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Abby,

I've been on it for eighteen months and I take 200mg a day.

I don't find that they make me sleepy - but they have  definitely made me feel better.

I am going to see my doctor next week and ask him to start tapering me off it, as I feel so much better.

• Posted

Thank you so much for writing! It's encouraging when you have others to talk to. So glad you are doing well. I went off in February and about a month ago I had an incident that triggered my anxiety! So back on I went! Just want to feel normal again. I feel like I am asking a little too much at the moment though.... Lol it's only be about 4 weeks and I can function again. 4 weeks ago I was a disaster! Couldn't leave the house or be alone. So there's already been a huge improvement. Just have a little ways to go yet!

• Posted

Hi Abby,

Thanks for sharing your story! Im 4.5 weeks on fluoxetine and about at the same stage as you. I could leave the house 4 weeks ago but now im venturing out with my partner and kids. I still have a long way to go to recovery but its reassuring to see even small improvement. The past couple of months have been absolute hell for me.. I'm basically labeling it as a nervous breakdown. I can't wait to be better! Xx

• Posted

So glad to hear things are looking up for you! We sound alike! The last month was hell! Now things are starting to look up. Looking forward to the day I don't feel on edge at all! I've been going more places with my husband and daughter, but in the back of my mind I'm always thinking about how I feel! Anxiety is horrible!

• Posted

It truely is sad i have a hard time even seeing friends. I just don't feel like myself at all. But things will get better! Im glad theres forums like this so we know we're not alone. Its such an isolating illness.

• Posted

I really have no interest in seeing friends either.... It makes me more anxious when I know everyone around me feels great and then there's me!!!

• Posted

Keep thinking of the end result, especially because you know they are working.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply! It makes it much easier when you can talk with others going through it and know there's an end in sight. You always feel so alone when you're going through it!

• Posted

I'm sure you'll geta lot more replies soon.

Keep at it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.