Reassurance needed, large ovarian cyst anxiety.

Posted , 5 users are following.

2 weeks ago i got diagnosed through ultrasound with a 15x9x5 cm sepated ovarian cyst it claims there was no free fluid and no vascilarity? Im 37 years old, 3 full term pregnancies and no symptoms apart from the occasional bloating and constipation. The reason i went to the gp to get checked was because i felt a lump when lay on my stomach that didnt go away! My gp was fantastic and took my bloods and all came back negative, my ca125 came back at 27 , I went to see the gynecologist last week and she has ordered a ct scan and tumor marker bloods, all of this is really, really scaring me im finding it hard to function with worrying that its cancer, I know that i'm going to have to have surgery and to be honest i just want it gone! I suppose i just wanted to know if anyone else has similar stories or suffered with this anxiety of waiting, wondering and thinking the worst? many thanks x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jen,

sounds really similar to mine a few years ago. Mine was 22cm initially although it seemed to grow fast, septated, no vascularity, normal ca125. They can't say what it is for certain until you've had it removed, but that hopefully means they are sorting everything quickly for you even though that somehow makes it scarier. I remember the anxiety well. Try avoid google as much as possible. If it helps mine was borderline.

Good luck with everything x

• Posted

thank you for the quick reply x do you mind me asking what you had taken out? and any follow up needed?

• Posted

Also i have scans every 6 months to keep an eye on my other ovary. That is the only follow up for me x

• Posted

hi jen I'm 25 and in march I had surgery for the same ovarian cyst mine was 36x30x12cm I was massive I've never had children they removed my left ovary and tube as well I had bad anxiety we are so lucky for the nhs I was diagnosed stage 1 borderline and I'm fully recovered and healthy now I'm sorry your going threw this always here to talk

• Posted

and definitely stay away from google! x

• Posted

thank you so much for replying i'm happy to hear your recovered and healthy now x I can't believe how anxious i am, i've come home from work early because all i want to do is cry(not helped by the fact i've got my period!) i just wish i could get my head straight and feel strong enough to deal with this !

• Posted

Hi,

i had my op about a year ago, they discovered it by accident whilst i was having a scan for something else,

I had never had any probs before, its natural to worry, but quite common really and i had both ovaries and tubes removed so i didnt have to worry anymore about more cysts coming back, i was 52, it was all ok and i had never been in for an op before.Just rest after, try not to worry until you know for sure. Take a day at a time and care about yourself,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.