Reassurance please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone

I saw the Dr 3 days ago and of course he said I am fine. I keep visualizing myself suddenly becoming unconcious and going into a cardiac arrest. 

Over the past 3 days I have suddenly become very dizzy, sweaty and shaky. I convince myself I am dying. It is like a panic I have never had befroe... It come sout of nowhere and I go from being hot/cold. I am terrified guys sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Don't let it get to you. He said you're fine, now it's time to accept it!! Your anxiety is trying to fight you, and it's almost like it gets mad when you don't get scared.. Just relax!! I wish I could take my own advice! Lol
    • Posted

I agree delaina I dont listen to my self. if the doc says you are fine then try and listen because I know its hard if it helps get him to do an ecg and bloods just to eliminate anything else, but what you are experiencing sounds like the symptons of anxiety our bodies go through the fight and flight syndrome we get fear and our bodys try and fight it Fear is so strong if you let it unfortunately for some of us at times it is to strong to cope with, if you are still concerned go back to your docs dont let the fear grow and yes you can get sweaty and clammy hope this helps
  • Posted

Could you have low blood sugar?  You have almost all the classic signs and it is an easy fix.  Eat something, not sugar (although if you are about to pass out and this is the cause, drink a small coke for almost immediate relief but also eat something with protein in it, like nuts or peanut butter.  Your doc should do a fasting glucose test on you to check your a1c levels.  This gives tHem a look at how your sugars have been running, not just a one time number.  Worth looking into, especially if you skip meals or are just not ingesting enough calories. 
  • Posted

I used to have this all the time I would sit on the doorstep in the middle of the night so that if I passed out someone would find me.

I had lots of test done a change in medication and receiving CBT

Im not anxiety free but it has got better

Stay Stronglol

• Posted

Stop visualizing that. How can you heal doing that? Youre poisoning your mind. You dont have to believe every thought you have. If someone handed you a bottle of pills with cross bones on it and said take three a day...would you take the medicine in it? I doubt it, but yet here you sit visualizing your death? Same thing. The mind isnt that concrete to know thoughts vs. reality you create your reality so feeding it poisonous thoughts its going to run with it. Easier said then done but still so very true to fact. What do you think is the treatment you need to heal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.