reassurance please

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all been like this since august 2018 constant anxiety everyday cannot take antidepressants do not agree with me i'm on propranolol 40mg daily and diazapam 2mg when needed had ecg's 6 in total this yr alone all normal had a fbc last august was ok but i'm getting daily lightheadedness my appitite has its ups and downs more down than up painful neck whether that is causeing my lightheadedness doctor assures me its anxiety'm certainly not the person i was i keep thinking its some sort of cancer i have doctor hasn't even suggested another blood test or anything test wise i'm so stressed out surely you can't have it like this everyday for months like me or can you? i'm on waiting list for talking therapy could be upto 6 months before they see me just need to know am i the only one going through this daily.................

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi wendy

the way I approached my anxiety is to treat it like a child. so, when I was experiencing fight or flight without any reason or pains in my chest, I had to tell myself, im fine, its just anxiety. you have to be your own parent in this case, its not easy but it works. I didnt really use antidepressants as I know it wouldn't help, so, I challenged my body to do certain things and set out goals. keeping the body and mind active really improved my wellbeing and I am now recovering from this anxiety. dont give up, you can do it. im not saying, everything's going to work for you, but trying everything will give you an indication of what works and what doesnt. therapy will encourage you to do the same, and find your own techniques of coping with the pain of anxiety. it will pass, if you work hard at doing your exercises. its also an idea to write down everything that may be bothering you and figure out why and how it all started, so the source of the problem can b dealt with. distracting your mind and reducing the time spent on your phone will help alot, socializing is important. the more you dwell on your health, the worse it gets. keep living and keep yourself active, good luck.:)

• Posted

Firstly i can assure you if you were the only one experiencing symptoms like this daily, there would be no need for drugs like Diazepam or Propranolol. At my worst with anxiety, particularly health wise, i had daily symptoms ranging from pain, nausea, pins ans needles in arms, legs, one half of my head, aching limbs, headaches, palpitations etc. It's warn off over the years as i systematically ticked off the major referrals (i.e. cardiologist, dermatologist etc.) to ease my worse case fears and more importantly accepted the anxiety diagnosis and did my self help thinking.

Did you know that both beta blockers and diazepam can cause dizziness and stomach issues? Not saying this is definitely the cause, but if you react to antidepressants it could be that this is an effect of taking these. If that was the case, it's a matter of weighing up the benefits of taking it against the symptoms you experience without. I for instance get mild morning nausea and night sweats with Citalopram but it beats the full on symptoms of anxiety i was previously getting.

In regards to neck pain, this is very common because of the fact anxiety causes you to tense your muscles so much. Relaxation techniques and epsom salt baths may help with this.

In the meantime try the advice Nicole suggested, reduce your phone time (particularly pertaining to google) keep notes and diaries (will help therapy) and if you have a local library, try booking out some self help books.

Take a deep breath, you're not alone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.